Director, Supply Chain - Center Valley , Pennsylvania, United States, 18034
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsible for overseeing both long range strategic strategy and tactics related to demand planning, inventory management and optimization (including consigned inventory), purchasing and supplier management, along with the day to day management of sourcing and demand planning. Collaborative leader able to work with multiple functions within the organization including product management, R&D, order management, quality, and finance. This includes leadership of supply chain team members, leads Aesculap's SIOP monthly reviews with each SBA, identify and establish 1st and 2nd tier suppliers, teaming with R&D and QA in establishing outsource manufacturing partners. Collaborative leader able to work with multiple functions within the organization including product management, R&D, order management, quality, and finance.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Oversees and drives team Facilitation of the monthly SI&OP consensus process including maintenance of forecast development resulting in 90 day detailed and rolling full year consensus demand plans and gaining full alignment with VP Operations & SBA owners.
- Establish divisional strategy and tactics for U.S. supply chain management functions.
- Adjusts and/or creates replenishment algorithms to meeting corporate fulfillment and inventory turn objectives.
- Negotiates Supply contracts and successfully manages delicate supplier relationships.
- Ability to gain Supply commitment to Aesculap when Supply may have larger volume accounts.
- Develops a high performing Supply Chain team including planners, buyers, sourcing, inventory management
- Drives leadership in support of NPI (New Product Introduction) time line.
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) to support organization objectives around supply, demand, and inventory turns.
- Prepares and submits quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Ensures successful customer promotion execution through effective planning and leverage of key customer event inputs with collaboration across customer, customer service and sales partners.
- Establishes LEAN and/or Six Sigma principles within Supply Chain.
- Prepares analysis of information for management by business unit.
- Produces a global inventory report with detailed root cause analysis and action plans.
- Responsible for development and use Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to track performance and drive change in underperforming areas.
- Increases operating efficiency by delivering continuous improvement within SetWorld Operation (surgical loaner program) for labor productivity, asset utilization and process improvement.
- Participates in product life cycle planning with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Service Operations to determine unit demand during new product introductions, product maturity and end-of-life periods.
- Down streams collaboration with Quality, R&D and Service Operations to identify asset uptime standards, spares consumption rates, and special repair projects.
- Ensures most cost efficient and effective means of inbound and outbound transportation.
- Ensures daily operations is performing in accordance to approved SOP's.
- Ensures SOPs are up to date and support growth
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally via air, rail and automobile at a frequency necessary to accomplish management of team and vendors in multiple locations.
- Must maintain appropriate credentials so as to be able to enter healthcare facilities to perform inventory assessments and meet with customers
- Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
- Manages a team in both Center Valley and Operations center in St. Louis, MO.
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics or Business Management required.
- Masters' Degree / MBA Preferred
- APICs, LEAN and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Advanced degree, LEAN and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Strong analytical, financial and P&L skills required to succeed.
- In-depth knowledge of key supply chain /logistics processes and current best practices.
- 10+ years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions including operations experience with 5+ years of experience in qualifying suppliers and managing relationships
- Progressive responsibilities in all areas of Supply Chain including (but not limited to) planning / procurement, distribution operations and transportation.
- Experience successfully implementing SIOP
- Ability to drive operational excellence and best practices across the supply chain organization (Global experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability for developing and executing a supply chain strategy across a variety of facilities supporting multiple divisions.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at .
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.