Director, Supply Chain Engineering Strategic Sourcing - Moreno Valley , California, United States, 92557
The Director of Network Strategy Strategic Sourcing will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies for Ross' distribution center major equipment and systems needs. This position will oversee strategic sourcing, vendor management and contracting of engineering and large-scale capital categories for Ross' supply chain (i.e. conveyors, controls, distribution center material handling equipment).
The ideal candidate will have a background in distribution center capital equipment procurement / sourcing and have a background in Retail supply chain. To be successful, the Director, Network Strategy Strategic Sourcing needs to closely partner with multiple stakeholders across the company.
Strong project management, partnership and communication skills are mandatory. The candidate will also need an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to identify and develop business cases to promote support to pursue new opportunities. The Director (based in Perris, CA with the Supply Chain Engineering team) will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing (based at Ross Stores HQ in Dublin, CA).
Sources Supply Chain Engineering Categories:
- Partners with the Supply Chain Engineering team to determine strategy and timing for vendor selection decisions for major projects.
- Develops sourcing / negotiations roadmap and monitors project pipeline for bidding opportunities.
- Conducts and/or supports sourcing events (benchmarking / bidding / negotiations).
- Manages external consultants on benchmarking / bidding events as necessary.
- Creates annual savings over the current cost base. Identifies broader cost reduction opportunities (e.g. rate card development).
Supports Capital Expenditure Request Process and Contracting:
- Assists in developing and vetting internal capital expenditure request ('CER') documentation. Leads the vendor contracting process (drafting, redlining, signature process).
Leads Vendor Management for Supply Chain Engineering:
- Assesses needs and establishes initial vendor management strategy (i.e. tools and vendor tiering). Develops templates and 'play-book' for stakeholder use.
- Creates short-term and long-term plan for vendor management approach.
- Partners with the Supply Chain Engineering team to execute regular vendor reviews / QBRs. Documents and communicates key vendor action plans to senior leadership.
Assists in Procurement and Finance-Related Initiatives:
- Partners with the greater Strategic Sourcing department to:
- Report and track savings according to company standards.
- Drive department-wide initiatives (e.g. process and tool changes, contract management). Partners with Supply Chain Engineering and Supply Chain Finance to assist in budgeting / forecasting project cost trends and manage special projects.
- Business Acumen
- Analysis & Judgement
- Drive Results
- Technical Competence
Qualifications And Special Skills Required
- BA/BS in Engineering required. MBA degree is a plus.
- Consulting experience and Retail industry experience is a plus.
- 10 years of procurement and sourcing experience, including at least 5 years related to distribution center properties, equipment and automation.
- 5-8 years of work experience in a large distribution center or manufacturing environment.
- Contract development experience required.
- Financial modeling skills, strategic thinking and the ability to influence on multiple levels of the organization.
- Communication and collaboration skills with the proven ability to influence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and issues with exceptional attention to detail. Up to 30% travel required.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.