Director, Strategy - Supply Chain & Operations - Oak Brook , Illinois, United States, 60523
Employee Type:Full time
Location:IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:Director, Strategy - Supply Chain & Operations
The Strategy Director, Operations is ultimately responsible for partnering with the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Strategy Officer to assess, develop and drive long term Operations and Supply Chain Strategy and execution that is aligned with Corporate Strategy. He/She will be a key partner to the Chief Operations Officer, sitting on the Chief Operations Officer's leadership team and collaborating with Operations/Supply chain leaders to drive execution of Strategic Initiatives. He/She will be responsible for driving long term thinking and leading key strategic supply chain/operations projects. This position adds high level analytical support including network/logistics optimization, COGS/OEE/plant operations optimization and future state modeling aligned to M&A or divestiture recommendations.
- Work with Chief Operations Officer and senior Operations leaders to develop supply chain / operations strategies that deliver against multiyear objectives.
- Establish thought leadership/partnership role within the Operations organization and earn credibility to become a key advisor to Chief Operations Officer
- Partner with Operations leaders to understand, develop and execute long term supply chain capabilities
- Determine Capital needs within the Supply Chain, calculate ROI and justify expenditures. In some cases manage the implementation of the supply chain capital projects.
- Collaborate with executive leadership team, strategy counterparts, and business leads to hone integrated supply chain strategy and identify key priorities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify margin improvement, capital allocation, and growth initiatives; develop and successfully execute related operations/supply chain projects.
- Act as liaison among Divisions, Commercial, R&D, Finance & Supply Chain groups to coordinate and facilitate the information flow and lead the execution of supply chain projects within the THS businesses
- Conduct supply chain due diligence on potential acquisition targets and lead post close integration efforts.
- Gather and analyze supply chain data such as forecasts, freight costs, manufacturing costs, capital requirements, and production capacity to develop supply chain optimization models
- Develop IRR models, perform cash flow analysis, and develop business cases for capital investment justification
- Participate in the recruiting, hiring and ongoing development of direct report and other manager level strategy professional
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a highly analytical/problem solving organization with demonstrated success in operations / supply chain strategy and project management roles
- 2+ years of experience with a major strategy consulting firm preferred, complemented with an MBA or equivalent educational background
- Experience driving supply chain /operations strategy in large complex manufacturing environments
- Experience with Distribution Network Analysis, Manufacturing, Production Network Optimization, Transportation, Demand Planning, or other areas related to Supply Chain
- Strong leadership with the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Effectively drive strategy and execution at all levels of the organization
- Creative problem solving and ability to drive innovative solutions
- An energetic, self-starter with an inquiring mind, initiative and the ability to work as part of a cohesive team in an environment that values professional excellence and results
- A proactive style and approach. Willing to question and propose solutions, alternatives and or new ways of doing things, accepting responsibility along the way
- Attention to detail and sound, practical judgment
- Must be able to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Experience in retail and consumer packaged goods sectors ideal
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Business/Analytics
Master's Degree Required -- Type: MBA
Travel Requirements: Approximately 30% tra
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.