Director, Strategic Planning - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Strategic Planning, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Every effective team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams shape & facilitate the company's growth agenda by guiding the business planning processes, partnering with enterprise leaders to make our biggest opportunities a reality, and spearheading transformational projects across Nike's diverse businesses and geographies.
As our Strategic Planning Director, NIKE AIR, you'll work with the Sr. Director of Air and support the VP of Footwear Growth Initiatives in setting strategic priorities, identifying growth opportunities and creating operational plans that will drive the future of the Footwear business. You'll work on some of our most iconic footwear platforms, such as AirMax, as well as innovations yet to hit the market, as you help apply Air best practices to emerging Footwear technologies. You'll serve as a critical thought partner in developing roadmaps and long-term business plans and assist leadership in driving organizational alignment. You'll develop high-impact presentations to communicate strategic plans, as well as tools to track initiatives and report business results to executive stakeholders. Success will depend on your ability to write strategy that is actionable and shepherd the execution by partnering with x-functional teammates in Innovation, Merchandising, DSM, Air MI and GSM.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of professional work experiencein management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or a related field.
- OR, MBA plus 6 years of experience (2+ years' experience post-MBA).
- OR, in lieu of a degree, 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth
- Successful track record liaising with and influencing executive level professionals to drive business outcomes
- Mastery of business communication tools and verbal/written communication to promote conceptual understanding and mobilize change through storytelling