Director, Owned Brand Strategy & Operations - Minneapolis , Minnesota, United States, 55401
Owned Brand Teams - At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management, and Sourcing & Development organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for delighting our guests. We concept, develop, source, make and deliver great new products that guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and quality experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the performance, quality and value that decisively position us above the competition.
As an Owned BrandStrategy & Operations Director, you will lead Owned Brand initiatives that impact the Food & Beverage, Essentials, Beauty, Pets, and Hardlines Owned Brand businesses. You will work with the VP/Sr. Directors in Sourcing & Development and Product Design to drive functional and cross-functional priorities, as well as to problem solve pain points that are specific to their businesses. You will also serve as a thought partner to OB leaders in support of product creation processes, tools, and technology. You will work closely with the OB Transformation Office to ensure these businesses are prepared for enterprise initiatives, including the multi-year transformation to modernize our owned brand processes, tools, and technology. You will be responsible for identifying any gaps or opportunities and drive solutions that align to our owned brand business plan. You will work closely with leaders and TMs in Merchandising, Marketing, Law, and the F&B pyramid on all initiatives that will impact owned brands in F&B, E&B, Pets, and HL, as well as all cross-functional connection points and training needs. You will also lead our Sourcing SWAT team, and identify learnings from them to incorporate across businesses. You will lead, coach, and develop a team of 9 TMs.
- 4-year college degree in product development or related field
- 15 years experience in Merchandising, Product Development, and/or Sourcing, or a consulting environment, with a successful track record of operational excellence
- Inclusive leader that has driven action in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrated leadership expertise applying innovation approach, and strategy, and incorporating into a product development environment
- In-depth knowledge of merchandising, design, sourcing and operations
- Ability to interact, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate ability to lead broad-based collaborative teams
- Outstanding oral, written and visual communication skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills with senior level audience
- A growth oriented, learning mindset, and the ability to inspire others to seek and embrace chance.