Director, Media Strategy - Medford, Massachusetts, United States, 02155
Evolved By Nature is a green chemistry company out to advance the health of people and the planet. Using its Activated Silk technology (natural silk in liquid form), the company is replacing petrochemicals in consumer goods across multiple industries, including apparel, personal care and medical. The company is based in Medford, MA.
Help us change the world for the better! Evolved By Nature is seeking a motivated leader to serve as the company's Director of Media Strategy. Reporting to the VP, Performance Media & Digital Operations, this role will be responsible for media and channel distribution strategy, planning, execution and optimization of all internal and external media efforts, leading to measurable business growth.
With input from key internal stakeholders across the organization, the Director of Media Strategy will build and sustain a comprehensive, ongoing media program to support business objectives and brand realization across 4 distinct business units: textiles, personal care, chemicals and medical. This role will be responsible for developing and executing against media plans that include channel, cadence and budgetary recommendations based on a strategic brief. The Director will co-own all strategic briefs before their presentation to the Creative Studio and manage workflow through the media planning and buying process, while also ensuring maximum accuracy and working with analysts to measure impact.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the current media landscape, an understanding of how to best reach key audiences where they consume information, and the ability to translate these insights into actionable plans. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience driving measurable brand impact through highly targeted lead generation and customer acquisition campaigns. The Director will be able to organize and manage a complex ecosystem of ongoing content to support the organization's marketing efforts. You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and possess excellent aptitude for media strategy and planning with strong problem-solving skills.
- Spearhead partnerships with key internal stakeholders to deliver comprehensive and actionable strategic briefs and media plans - including channel, cadence and budget recommendations;
- Manage and optimize all media programs to achieve desired goals within budgetary parameters;
- Organize, prioritize, and manage complex ecosystem of media and content across the organization;
- Identify platform partners to continue to develop innovative solutions;
- Build strong relationships across departments, including Creative, PR, Data and Analytics, Media and Account / Project Management;
- Monitor activity across competitors and categories to identify trends, opportunities and disruptive strategies inform ongoing initiatives;
- Partner with analytics team for all performance reporting to provide context and insight to performance reports against pre-defined KPIs;
- Communicate results, key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders and senior leadership;
- Build trusted relationships internally, with media partners, and brand partners;
- Inform and contribute to creative briefs, campaign requirements and user experience recommendations.
- Minimum 9-12 years of experience in media strategy, planning and buying, social / community management or performance marketing;
- High depth of knowledge of digital media channels: Video, Social, Programmatic, Search (traditional channels such as print, trade, linear TV a plus);
- Experience with a wide variety of campaign goals from brand development, lead generation to eCommerce;
- Ability to shift from strategy functions to 'roll up your sleeves' execution mode;
- Understanding of digital and emerging channels, how best to tell our story, curate communities and efficiently amplify content to drive action;
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a team;
- Results-oriented, highly organized with the ability to lead teams to meet goals, adhere to timelines and operational criteria while managing multiple projects;
- Capacity to think both strategically and tactically. Ability to manage and adapt to dynamic changes in Priorities, resources, and deadlines;
- Ability to handle a high-volume workload in an ever-changing environment;
- Exposure to asset management, project planning, and process improvement is preferred;
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business partners;
- Nice to have--degree in Business, Marketing, Social Science or related degree.
Skills & Abilities:
- Team player / relationship builder
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- People management
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to engage in rigorous discussions, have a point of view while remaining open to other viewpoints
- Ability to function in a complex, fast paced and changing environment
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion for the business
- Active listener