Director, Marketing Strategy - Stamford , Connecticut, United States, 06901
THE JOB / Director, Marketing Strategy
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Whether it is advising our clients on the right partnership opportunities, or developing sharp consumer insights, we strive to tell compelling stories that are grounded in data.
Here's where you come in. We are looking for a Director to be a part of our Strategy team. With storytelling, strategic insights and marketing acumen, this role will actively shape the recommendations we make to our portfolio of blue chip clients. Our team will look to you as we develop innovative solutions to the most complex sponsorship, PR and marketing challenges faced by the some of the best brands in the world.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Build presentations and visualizations that engage and inspire
- Uncover insights from quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Translate data and insights into integrated marketing and sponsorship strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional research and analytics teams
- Deliver confident recommendations to executive clients
- Coach, counsel and develop direct reports
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a passion for strategy
- A knack for finding the narrative hook, and the ability to bring this messaging to life with engaging presentations
- Knowledge of modern marketing strategies (content, social, experiential)
- Client-facing verbal and written communication skills, with a sharp eye for crisp detail
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with methodologies used to understand consumers and uncover opportunities
- Effortlessly query and massage data and provide direction to junior analysts
- Adept at sports marketing
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience within marketing strategy
- A leader and mentor of staff
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.