Director, Head of Retail Risk Strategy and Oversight - New York , New York, United States, 10007
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Risk Management
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citigroup's Retail Risk Data Strategy & Oversight team is focused on the strategic transformation of our business and risk technology platforms, and business process re-engineering to improve data quality, strengthen controls and provide direction for an infrastructure that supports strong risk management. The team is also responsible for oversight of data and infrastructure Risk related to Retail Risk and Regulatory processes, and independent assessment of risk related to adoption of new technologies to manage Retail data, analytics and reporting.
The role will report to the Citigroup GCB Risk Planning & Analysis Office and will partner with Retail Risk Process Owners, Business Teams, Global and Regional Risk, Global Finance, Finance & Risk Infrastructure, CCAR & Consumer Risk Modeling, Consumer & Enterprise Operations and Technology teams to deliver the transformation of data, process and infrastructure for $350+ Billion in firm wide delinquency managed and Retail Y9C exposures in 40+ countries.
The candidate will manage a direct team of 40+ onshore and offshore FTE to support regulatory, Risk BAU and transformation/strategic projects delivery across CCAR, BCBS-239 and risk oversight and portfolio reviews across consumer credit life cycle.
* Define the strategy, business vision and requirements for retail risk data and systems to improve end-to-end data quality, controls and straight through processing
* Define, establish and maintain gold source definition & data-system-process inventory
* Perform Independent risk oversight of Retail Risk Business and Global Risk process and infrastructure to validate compliance and progress to heightened standards and BCBS-239
* Understand effects of data quality and technology issues on BCBS-239 and contribution to Citi's overall data and model risk. Identify themes and common areas of concern related to data and technology, to support strong risk management of Retail exposures; ensure gaps/risks are identified and mitigated on a timely basis through integration with strategic project work and alignment with BAU changes
* Liaise with executive management and regulators on Retail Risk Data Strategy and Technology transformation.
* Establish, train and manage onshore and offshore teams responsible for retail risk data and systems administration & project delivery.
* Provide analysis and documentation for defining scope and charter. Partner with Business, FRI and Technology to establish project plans. Establish and monitor detailed plans for In-business and Independent Risk activities.
* Provide detailed specifications to Technology for establishing Business Requirements (BRD). Includes calculation and report details, system and report mock-ups and controls test specifications. Review with business and Risk stakeholder for approval.
* Support Technology to define Functional Specifications / Technology Requirements (FRD)
* Partner with Risk Process owners to document & maintain detailed process maps for risk processes including mapping of controls & related manager control assessments. Integrate required process redesign into new system implementations and project delivery.
* Support global risk systems administration in partnership with risk process owners, GCB Risk, operations and technology.
* Support technology as requested, during Development/Configuration and Systems Integration Testing (SIT)
* Establish and Test Rules/Configuration
* Define detailed test cases and perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Coordinate UAT required from Risk Process Owners and GCB In-Business SMEs.
* Partner with technology and establish user documentation including process maps, training and procedures
* Partner with Business & Technology to execute Production Parallel
* Validate completion of Technology Implementation and Operational Readiness
* Support Post Production Monitoring and Transition to BAU
* Support IA Validation
* Establish and manage intake process for BAU changes and strategic projects delivery. Represent Consumer Risk in Technology change management forums.
* Partner with Risk process Owners, Business SMEs, FRI and Technology to prepare and deliver senior management & regulator updates on data & systems health, project status and delivery roadmaps.
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA or related Masters Degree is highly preferred
* Excellent judgment and independent decision-making ability
* Relevant experience in the following areas: consumer credit risk management, risk management re-engineering, data & analytics transformation and governance, technological innovation, project management
* Strong, energetic leader with 15+ years of proven track record and a true passion for risk management innovation, design, and technology with proven success delivering complex, global infrastructure
* Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
* Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization, and driving efficient delivery with geographically dispersed teams, is essential.