Director, Head of Global Commercial Analytics and Data Strategy - King Of Prussia , Pennsylvania, United States, 19406
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Director, Global Commercial Analytics will act as strategic partner to frame, investigate, and answer key commercial operations questions globally and ensure that these questions are addressed in all relevant analytics and insights plans across CSLB geographies. This role will be responsible to lead 3 key commercial analytics functions/capabilities:
- Commercial Analytics (which would cover but not be limited to customer profiling and targeting, sales force design and structuring, design/develop performance KPIs etc)
- Global Performance Reporting (track and report local/regional/global brand performance) and
- Global Commercial Data Strategy
This position will gather and analyze data from multiple commercial platforms/systems (ERP, CRM, Digital Health, Tender Management etc) to generate insights which will be consumed at various levels of Commercial Leadership (regional heads, country/affiliate GMs, sales/marketing leads, commercial finance, regional pricing/access leads etc).
The position scope is global and entails close and diligent collaboration across a variety of functional areas including global therapy area teams, local/regional commercial operations, global commercial finance, business development and strategy, global operations/manufacturing etc among various key stakeholders. This role will build relationships with its regional and global commercial operation peers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Marketing and Sales initiatives of respective organization and be the trusted partner who consistently delivers actionable insights.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Guide and shape the development of KPI's/brand health monitoring at global level to enable clear/quick brand performance diagnosis and impact tactical plans to drive better commercial results. Ensure these KPIs are aligned to key business/commercial priorities. Partner with finance and regional performance monitoring/reporting leads to ensure development/maintenance of these KPIs
- Transform commercial data infrastructure to enable advanced analytics tools and capabilities, and scale the pre-existing Commercial Information System (CIS). Deliver prioritized reports for entire country/regional leadership community.
- Responsible for aligned commercial data strategy and set up operations group to deliver on key areas of data procurement, system design and integration plans. Lead the strategy and operations for CSL Behring's commercial data environment, including the ongoing operations on existing infrastructure
- Partner closely with CSL Behring's Business Technology and Enterprise Excellence teams; and also with external partners to translate vision into aligned strategies, strategies into roadmaps; and roadmaps into ongoing execution
- Responsible for rapid, high-quality turnaround on ad-hoc business analytics requests for Executive Leadership and other stakeholders
- Partner with the regional/global Business Insights teams to add value through analysis and insights to inform TA/Product business strategy and execution. Collaborate on analytical methodologies for conjoint analysis, discrete choice analysis, quantitative message testing, product positioning, and segmentation using both primary market research data, sales execution data, secondary physician/patient data analogues etc
- Develop industry leading rare-disease focused customer profiling database/infrastructure while collaborating with the regional commercial operations, Global data/information management strategy and Business Technology teams. Leverage this customer profiling infrastructure to help inform market development strategy for pipeline assets, go-to market strategy for near-launch assets and tactical plan updates of inline assets
- Partner with stakeholders in Global Commercial TA leadership teams to recommend, define and implement unique and innovative Customer Analytics plans that generate insights and influence business priorities and objectives during the market development for pipeline assets
- Develop next tier analytics plan consolidating data/insights from multiple platforms e.g. CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Global Tender Management (TM), Global Forecasting, Digital Health etc. Collaborate/partner with owners of these global platforms to ensure data/insights are pulled from across databases/systems, analyzed to derive trends and address complex business queries
- Partner with CSL enterprise level Advanced Analytics team to identify opportunities to integrate new capabilities from the AA/AI group. Educate key internal stakeholders on the impact of applying advanced analytics and predicative modeling
- Partner with global digital communications, global marketing/TA leads and digital health team to develop social media monitoring and analytics plan to help inform various market development activities (including profiling/segmentation of key social media influencers prescribers, payers, hospital/IDNs etc
- Manage budgets associated with assigned activities, manage workload of assigned flexible resources, and prioritize/allocate internal/external resources based on regional/ TA priorities
- Evolve the group's staffing strategies to deliver increasing commercial analytics & data strategy/governance support, through both internal and external roles
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors preferably Masters Degree in one of the following fields: Business Administration, Pharmacy, Math/Statistics, Bio-technology, Engineering or Finance
- 12+ years of progressive experience in data mining, modeling, commercial strategy design and running data analytics projects within pharma/bio-tech industry. At least 5+ years of deep experience of commercial operations analytics at regional (preferably US/EU) and/or global level. Management/demonstrated leadership experience. Experience within rare-disease data generation, management and analytics would be a plus
- Deep expertise in generating commercial insights from large transactional data sets, including medical Claims and Specialty Pharmacy data
- Expertise in various syndicated commercial data-sources (sales/volume, patients, payers/providers, promotional etc) both global and regional; and their limitations
- Experience with advanced analytics tools (R, SAS, Python), "big data" technologies, and advanced analytics techniques along with knowledge of data-visualization/BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Micro-Strategy or equivalent
- Strong leadership and management experience building, developing, empowering and retaining a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a lean organization
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Experience working in multi-site/global environment
- Builds bridges and proactively improves cross-business collaboration
- Experience with immunology/neurology therapy area as well as specialty product analytics is considered a plus
This role is global in nature and would require periodic travel to CSL Behring's regional affiliates