Director, Global Supply Chain & Procurement - Seattle, Washington, United States, 98101
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our CMC Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company's drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac injection) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington's disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
Your responsibilities in this position will include:
- Manage supply chain of clinical and commercial supplies, including developing strategy, and monitoring the execution of packaging and serialization activities
- Lead, develop and grow team responsible for ensuring supply for multiple clinical assets
- Ownership of the end to end supply from raw material to labelled finished goods for both clinical and commercial programs
- Commercialization and launch supply preparation activities for both small molecule and biologic programs
- Partner with line functions (Quality, Regulatory, clinical supply) to ensure a compliant supply is managed and maintained
- Lead S&OP processes
- Identify, select, and negotiate agreements with third parties providing the following services:
- Raw materials (APIs, excipients, packaging)
- Analytical services
- GMP storage
- Drug substance development and manufacture
- Drug product development and manufacture
- Combination product development and manufacture
- Cost modelling
- Purchasing controls
- Demonstrated knowledge of global sourcing, cGMP requirements, and related legal agreements
- 10+ years of Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical supply chain experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Engineering or science education preferred (BS/BE)
- Experience with contract manufacturing desired
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication, managerial, analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, subordinates and partners
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Must have integrity
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail required
- The employee is occasionally required to travel overnight
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Management of 3+ supply chain staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with management, peers and subordinates and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven track record of developing employees
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 40 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting.
- This position requires working with and near hazardous material.
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at .