Director, Global Brand Strategy - Life Cycle Management - Basking Ridge , New Jersey, United States, 07920
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
A Global Brand Director with focus on Lifecycle Management (LCM) is responsible for maximizing the commercial value of the future portfolio of potential indication(s) and/or tumor type(s) under the direction of the Global Brand Lead. Responsible for informing the strategy, working in close collaboration with clinical development, and leading the execution of projects in support of the global brand strategy.
- Lead the creation and updates to Target Product Profiles (TPPs) for use by various internal stakeholders including clinical development, pricing and access, and market research
- Contribute to commercial assessments for key clinical development and organizational milestones such as DP2, DP3 and Prioritization
- Work closely with forecasting to develop and manage the portfolio forecasts and value assessments for the product.
- Own application of key competitor clinical data releases and market events on LCM strategies including potential impact to clinical study designs
- Own identification of key business questions and application of customer insights
- Work with MR to address information gaps to inform TPPs and LCM strategies
- Proactively identify challenges for brand success and develop mitigation plans
- Inform launch sequencing with GBT-L and GMA&P
- Ensure alignment on projects with cross-functional and regional counterparts
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- BA or BS degree is required and an emphasis in health sciences preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical business experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Oncology Marketing or New Product Planning experience required.
- Prior experience in development of TPPs and forecasting assumptions is required.
- Global launch experience with new products in oncology strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in development of disease state and product strategy, product positioning and brand marketing.
- Ability to lead and develop Interns and ex-pat team members
- Proven ability to collaborate with clinical development, medical affairs, pricing & access and regional counterparts to help develop successful LCM strategies
- Proven ability to collaborate, operate and influence cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Experience in successfully navigating through difficult internal situations within regions and global while maintaining governance, role and responsibility, and professionalism to reach alignment of goals.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to engage experts from a wide range of functional areas to improve business performance.
- Ability to greatly understand regional and cross-functional differences and resolve problems with global interest as the primary focus.
- Results oriented; Ability to operate and make decisions within situations of ambiguity.
- Must demonstrate skill to think and plan strategically and to solve complicated and abstract issues.
- Must demonstrate the desire to seek and find key information and insights to optimize outcomes of problem solving
- Able to successfully align in a mutually beneficial way and fully support agreed upon goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, solution and results driven mindset
- Patient and customer centric with a focus on understanding and meeting the needs of DS Oncology business focused on the brand or indication(s) for which Director is accountable
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skill set
- Open-minded and able to understand and respect market differences, yet focus on what is best globally
- Able to collaborate well internally (master the matrix) and externally (with partners and key stakeholders)
- Comfortable rapidly switching between complex science and commercial concepts, with an ability to bridge between then and build common understanding amongst people on either side.
- Treats all people with dignity and respect, despite any disagreements.
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment
Director, Global Brand Strategy - Life Cycle Management
Global Oncology Marketing