Director, Forensic Accounting and Advisory Services | Forensic and Lit - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20022
We are involved in complex, global and high-profile litigation, arbitration and investigations combining end-to-end risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
A Director of Forensic Accounting and Advisory Services is responsible for providing technical and forensic accounting solutions to public and privately held companies and large client situations.
What You'll Do
- Supervise and perform day-to-day activities in support of technical accounting advisory projects including interaction with client personnel, other team members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement
- Apply accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines, such as detailed reviews of financial statements and underlying accounting records, preparation of projections, and preparation of worksheets to model business processes
- Develop work plans and execute analyses to assess complex questions of fact, assist in preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Performs technical industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
This is an excellent opportunity to become a player in the historic changes taking place in the accounting profession and Corporate America. Our team supports clients facing high stakes litigation, arbitration and compliance investigations, and regulatory scrutiny.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or working towards certification completion
- 6 years of finance or accounting experience with strong technical accounting and SEC disclosure skills
- Understanding of and experience with application and research of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("U.S. GAAP") and relevant auditing standards
- Well-developed aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit and connect with us on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn. FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.