Director, Financial Crimes Advisory - Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44144
AML RightSource is the leading firm solely focused on Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and financial crimes compliance solutions. AML RightSource provides highly-trained AML/BSA professionals to assist banks and non-bank financial institutions to meet day-to-day compliance tasks. Services include transaction monitoring, alert backlog management, enhanced due diligence reviews, fraud, and financial crimes advisory matters.
Our highly trained workforce of over 1,000 analysts and subject matter experts includes the industry's largest team of full time professionals. We typically provide our services directly from our secure facilities in Ohio, Arizona, New York, and Canada. AML/BSA staff augmentation services can be provided on site per request.
We are currently seeking a Director of Financial Crimes Advisory for our downtown Cleveland office.
Summary of Position: Reporting to the Head of Financial Crimes Advisory, the Financial Crimes Advisory ("FCA") Director will be exposed to an array of client Anti-Money Laundering ("AML" / Bank Secrecy Act ("BSA") / Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC") engagements. Engagements generally include:
- AML / BSA / OFAC Program Reviews such as program / policy / procedure development, gap analysis, risk assessments, training development, staffing models and Testing, Monitoring and Review ("TMR");
- Model Risk Management such as data quality analysis, model validation, and tuning / optimization;
- Customer Reviews such as Know Your Customer ("KYC") methodology / implementation and remediation support;
- Transaction Reviews such as Lookback planning and implementation;
- Operational Services such as building strategic frameworks for Suspicious Activity Reporting ("SAR"), Currency Transaction Reporting ("CTR"), KYC, and Watch List Management ("WLM") programs.
In addition to the aforementioned, the Director must be capable of the following:
- Demonstrating subject matter expertise in AML / BSA / OFAC, economic sanctions, cyber-crime, counter terrorist financing, bank fraud, anti-corruption, and bribery.
- Interacting with clients and prospects including business development.
Other types of strategy consulting may include assessing people, process, and technology ("PPT") environments identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for financial services clients. Many different engagement types exist and typically work varies from client to client and project to project.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to AML / BSA / OFAC regulatory challenges
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice
- Assists with the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborates with the Head of FCA and executive management team to develop and implement plans for FCA to accommodate the growth objectives of the practice.
- Manages the day-to-day aspects of the FCA Practice and provides motivation and mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Acts as lead "client care officer" through direct contact with every FCA client and partner
- Lead the team with integrity and create an environment where the team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily.
- This position manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s) and is responsible for the day-to-day direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
- Review and provide valuable feedback to FCA team members completing administrative, research, analytical, and report writing support to client engagements.
- Interpret data sets to understand impact that data inputs and outputs contribute to client deliverables.
- Review memorandums, white paper development, social media publishing, and client deliverables, and other types of client correspondence.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Political Science, English or related field
- Ten or more years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Financial crime experience must be derived from at least one of the following:
- Industry with leadership exposure to both programmatic and operational responsibilities;
- Government with leadership exposure to policy development, intelligence or criminal investigative activities;
- Consulting with leadership exposure to advisory specific work; production oriented contract work is not considered applicable.
- Five or more years of management experience.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong ability to work with all levels of management within the company as well as with clients served
- Excellent oral, written, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and rules impacting the financial services industry
- Sound understanding of compliance and operational risks and internal control frameworks
- Experience managing projects across multiple functional areas and dealing with multiple business partners
- Flexibility to switch priorities based on the needs of the company in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls
- Excellent problem solving abilities and results oriented; able to make decisions independently
- Strong analytical / research skills coupled with ability to effectively summarize findings.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Twelve or more years of relevant experience including ten or more years of management experience.
- Applicable Industry certifications, such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Experience working on initiatives that require strategic planning / thinking