Director, Corporate Strategy - Palo Alto , California, United States, 94306
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.Responsibilities:
Summary: The Director, Corporate Strategy (DCS) will play a key role as part of the Corporate Strategy team at Jazz and will be accountable for driving the development and resourcing of core strategic capabilities that have been identified as critical to delivering our long-term strategic vision. The DCS will be responsible for leading a matrix team of business leaders and will partner closely across Corporate Strategy and the business to ensure that Jazz is executing and pulling through its corporate strategic vision.
- Accountable for driving alignment on the roadmap to develop core strategic capabilities to scale and grow our operations with a focus on the skills, roles, capabilities (people), processes, and governance required
- Work with a steering committee of senior cross functional leaders to provide vision and direction on key areas of focus and guide investment decisions
- Focus on building key forward-looking, critical, cross-functional capabilities
- Serve as a champion for the necessary longer-term investments in people, process and governance
- Coordinate matrix workstream teams to identify, prioritize, and drive initiatives required to achieve our mid and long-term strategic goals
- Identify KPIs and measurements and monitor progress in developing core strategic capabilities and delivering our long-term strategic vision
- Facilitate structured thinking around how Jazz can make necessary trade-offs on delivering near-term priorities in order to invest in and deliver on bigger, longer-term priorities
- Ensure priorities are fully aligned with the Corporate Strategy and annual Corporate Objectives
- Clearly communicate through the organization where we are heading, how we are getting there, and what we are doing to get there
- At least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including significant experience in strategic planning and implementation
- In-depth understanding of drug development and commercialization, and the key stakeholders through the value chain
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work at peer-level and senior-level with functional experts
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate strategic initiatives and make it relevant to different audiences
- Experienced and adept at navigating international and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner.
- Active participation in a product development and launch
- BA or BS in life science and MBA strongly preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.