Director, Concept Strategy of Color and Print - San Francisco , California, United States, 94102
Athleta is seeking a product obsessed, strategic, and innovative design leader to shape, develop, and implement the creative direction of Athleta's expression of color and print. The Director, Concept Strategy of Color + Print will work in partnership with the Design leadership team to create the continuous color and print impression of the brand. This role will need to straddle the strategic and creative worlds by collaborating with cross functional partners to deliver the best premium performance and lifestyle products in color pallettes and prints that are unique to Athleta's brand handwriting and are aspiration to our customer. In this role, you will lead a team of color + print designers and be a critical role within the design leadership team.
What you'll do
- Develop and establish annual and seasonal color palettes and print direction, that enhance the brand handwriting and aesthetic, ensuring it is unique to Athleta.
- Direct and lead the strategic color point of view across all product categories and end uses to create merchandising opportunities with consistent visual alignment.
- Direct and curate visual tools, presentations and processes for Color & Print, inclusive of physical & digital resources seasonally that incorporates Trends + Insights.
- Actively participate key product development milestone events to ideate, develop and curate Athleta's product vision.
- Contribute to the development of Athleta's product ideas by combining knowledge of the competitive landscape with a strong eye for fashion trends observing details and seeking inspiration from the runway and performance.
- Ensures omni channel opportunities are achieved with success through color, print/pattern excellence creating a cohesive expression of the brand.
- Effectively select, coach, manager and develop a high performing team.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience; 5+ years of management experience; ideally working in a high growth business and have a performance background, with deep expertise in textile and color design.
- Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Willing and able to travel to the market as needed
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees