Director, Business Strategy - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90001
FX Networks is seeking a Director, Business Strategy, who will primarily work in a project driven capacity and will serve an integral role within the FX Finance team, creating models and performing analyses around talent term deals, original programming costs, back-end profit participations, ancillary revenue streams, content windowing and more. This position will work cross-functionally with FX leadership as well as shared groups within Walt Disney Television.
- Drive internal analysis including financial modeling and scenario testing on behalf of FX on project topics including talent term deals, original programming costs, back-end profit participations, ancillary revenue streams and content windowing.
- Create insightful and professional presentations that summarize analysis and can be circulated to senior management across TWDC. Compile post-mortem analysis to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
- Work closely with Business Affairs leadership, providing a Finance resource capable of interpreting, modeling and presenting deals from a financial perspective, including showing all iterations of negotiations.
- Serve as business resource for the ideation and presentation of ad hoc ideas that emanate from FX senior leadership in order to ultimately demonstrate findings of analyses in a logical, concise, consistent and professional manner.
- Serve as primary contact for WDTV business development and corporate development opportunities.
- MBA with 5+ years' experience in strategic planning, management consulting, business development or investment banking, ideally in the entertainment industry required.
- Must have a solid understanding of the television and/or media markets/ business models.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience.
- Must have an advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and MS Office.
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*