Director - Strategic Sourcing - Englewood , Colorado, United States, 80112
Job Description: Principal Accountabilities
- The Director will develop and lead the execution of Arrow?s Global Indirect Procurement and Strategic Sourcing strategies. Key categories include Technology, Services, Real Estate and other Indirect categories with potential addressable indirect spend up to $1B.
- The Director is accountable for and executes spend analytics, category management and strategic sourcing, and drives efficient and effective procurement strategies and processes, ensuring performance and contract compliance on a global level, and that purchasing agreements and systems are being leveraged to maximize savings.
- The Director will collaborate closely with the Business Unit VPs, and corporate and regional indirect spend functional representatives.
- The Director will be accountable to achieve annual cost-reduction goals while ensuring our suppliers provide effective customer service and meet Arrow Electronics? needs. Focus and expertise on Risk management, internal customer satisfaction, and on TCO (total cost of ownership) is paramount.
- Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
- Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
- Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environment
- Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
- Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
- T ypically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with defining and implementing effective Sourcing and Procurement Policies, Processes, and Tools is required, including systems and services such as Oracle ERP, SAP Ariba, Coupa, and business intelligence applications.
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing