Director / Sr. Director, Strategy & Business Development - Stamford , Connecticut, United States, 06902
About SpringWorks Therapeutics
SpringWorks Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that re-prioritizes promising science and pioneers efficient pathways for drug development for patients with severe rare diseases and cancer. We are a "start-up with a head start," launched in 2017 with a portfolio of promising clinical therapies from Pfizer, two of which will be entering pivotal studies in the first half of 2019.
At SpringWorks Therapeutics, we ignite the power of promising science to unleash new possibilities for patients. We work hard, we care even harder and we're in it together. We are looking for ambitious, smart and hardworking colleagues to join our growing team.
Are you a SpringWorker?
How much do you care?
How well do you partner with others?
How fast do you move?
Are you a problem solver?
Are you comfortable challenging convention?
Does this sound like fun?
We currently have an opening for a Director / Sr. Director of Strategy & Business Development, who will report to the Chief Business Officer.
About The Role
The Director / Sr. Director of Strategy & Business Development will be primarily responsible for evaluating new therapeutic asset and collaboration opportunities as part of an integrated team that drives strategic, business development, competitive intelligence, and partnering initiatives within SpringWorks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead scientific, preclinical, clinical, strategic, competitive, and commercial due diligence evaluations of new licensing and collaboration opportunities.
- Determine optimal deal structure and financial considerations for new opportunities and support transactions from term sheet submission through definitive document finalization.
- Maintain and expand internal knowledge base in areas of scientific, clinical, and strategic interest to the company via scientific/medical conference attendance, market research, KOL interactions, and literature reviews.
- Collaborate with and communicate across functional areas (R&D, Medical Affairs, Legal, Program Management, Finance) to integrate cross-functional input into due diligence evaluations and recommendations.
- Prepare presentations and lead internal meetings to review recommendations related to new licensing and collaboration opportunities.
- Conduct analyses and prepare materials to support interactions with key external stakeholders (e.g., Board members, existing/prospective investors, and/or research analysts).
About You: Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- PhD in a biomedical field and/or MD, preferably with experience in rare diseases and/or oncology.
- 3-5 years of experience evaluating new therapeutic asset opportunities (e.g., business development in a biopharmaceutical company, sell-side equity research, venture capital investing, hedge fund investing).
- Deep knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and drug development process.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate preclinical and clinical data.
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling, and forecasting skills (MS Excel).
- Ability to craft clear and attractive presentation materials for internal and external audiences (MS PowerPoint).
- Persistent attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing timelines and priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to cogently express complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Unassailable integrity and a passion for bringing new therapies to patients.
- Organization SpringWorks Therapeutics
- Employee Status Regular Full -Time
- Benefits Competitive compensation and benefits package
SpringWorks Therapeutics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.