Director - Risk Consulting Process Risk and Controls - Los Angeles (Downtown), California, United States,
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Draw upon your demonstrated technical, industry and risk advisory knowledge to become a trusted advisor to our clients within the internal sector
- Effectively manage, motivate and mentor multidisciplinary teams to work as a cohesive, client-centric unit in delivering high-quality solutions to sophisticated clients
- Leverage your existing network and personal brand in the marketplace to drive growth for the risk advisory practice; including: identifying and securing new opportunities.
- Oversee a diverse book of business, maintaining overall responsibility for the profitability, effective delivery and engagement risk of all client related work within the portfolio
- Manage multiple client projects simultaneously, while providing leadership on proposal opportunities and ongoing internal initiatives
- Recruit and retain future leaders of the firm. Leverage your experience and expertise to advance the professional aspirations and skills of your colleagues.
- Model the core RSM values of respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship in all interactions with clients and team members
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting or related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working as an internal auditor or controls specialist, with a minimum of 5 years at a public accounting or professional services firm.
- Strong business acumen - including significant experience with internal audit/SOX risk and control assessments in industrial products and/or consumer products sector.
- Applicable certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CMA)
- Recent successful experience in cultivating new business and related market-facing activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced written, verbal and presentation skills, including interaction with members of senior management
- Ability to travel to meet client needs