Director - Global Strategy & Marketing - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States, 53244
Wehave an opening for a skilled and experienced, Director, Global Strategy &Marketing for our Rexnord Energy Sector. Rexnord Energy is the trusted partnerand solution provider to power plant operators, ship owners, equipmentmanufacturers and consulting engineers, who trust Rexnord for their powertransmission needs. At Rexnord Energy, we provide proven solutions for missioncritical applications that are designed to maximize uptime and keep operationsrunning for our customers in the natural gas, petroleum, wind, marine, hydro,or power generation industries. With the shift in the global Energy landscape -from traditional energy (where we are strong), to new energy (where we want togrow) - this is an exciting time for us at Rexnord Energy.
Reportingto the Vice President - Energy, this position is responsible fordeveloping and executing strategic plans, managing organic and inorganic growthplatforms, and shaping the solution and technology strategy.
Drive organizational thought-leadership in current andfuture state of business end-markets across key regions globally. Identifyand monitor short- and long-term industry trends.
Articulate and leverage the uniqueabilities of the business to deliver value to the customers.
Develop and deploy growth strategies that deliverabove-market growth. Analyze potential market opportunities toprovide a basis for investment.
Develop and manage vertical growth roadmaps and priorities(organic and inorganic) that enhance Rexnord's competitiveness in targetindustries.
Shape the growth strategy towards a globally balancedportfolio, with incremental share coming from emerging economies.
Identify market and portfolio adjacencies, develop M&Atarget funnels that lead to strategic alliances/acquisitions that enhance valuepropositions.
Develop a strategy for winningagainst the competition. Benchmark competitive offerings, assessing theirstrengths and weaknesses.
Work cross functionally to deliver strategic plan. Prioritizecapabilities to aligned with long-term strategy; articulating how eachcapability will help to achieve the vision.
Lead execution of commercial excellenceinitiatives and Build commercial excellence capabilities (strategic accountmanagement, go-to-market model, innovation, strategic marketing) and an agile,results focused culture.
Determine effective ways todeliver solutions for the identified strategic opportunities / challenges.Where there are gaps in the offering, analyze buy, build or partner to completethe solution.
Continuously assess commercialcapabilities against competitors and against global best practices to findareas where significant improvements are possible.
Develop and deploy value propositions and marketing programsin conjunction with product and commercial teams.
Discover customer needs andproblems
Create and manage the marketingplan, covering programs to enhance awareness, preference and selection, withmeasurements and goals.
- Identify, scope and conduct market and industry studies.
- Scope and lead voice of the customer.
- Action Oriented: Readily takes on challenges without unnecessary planning; identifies and seizes new opportunities; steps up to handle tough challenges
- Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze a situation; Acquires data from multiple sources when solving problems; uncovers root causes to difficult problems; evaluates pros, cons, risks, and benefits of different solution options.
- Resourcefulness: Marshals resources to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; gets the most out of limited resources; applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Cultivates Innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new better or unique; introduces new ways of looking at problems; can take a creative idea and put it into practice; encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes adjustments; sans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance, rejects low impact or fad technologies; readily learns and adopts new technologies
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
Bachelor's degree required,preferably in Business or Engineering - MBA preferred.
Minimum 2-5 years of experience instrategic marketing and/or business strategy.
- Global / multi-national experience.
Strong interpersonal andcommunication skills.
Self-starter with a sense ofurgency.
Nimble and adaptable; able tosucceed in fast moving environments.
Ability to problem solve and applytargeted corrections for sustained improvement.
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit .
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components worldwide used within complex systems where our customers' reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy, and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN (pronounced "Direction"), based on the integration of innovative Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.