Director - Academic Strategy - Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21202
Related positions are contingent on board approval.
This role ensures alignment, integration, and inclusion of the academic strategy within academic offices as well as across district-level initiatives. The position serves as a liaison with central offices as well as with external partners and organizations as an advocate for the academic strategy. The Director of Strategy serves in partnership with the Director of Operations and the Special Assistant to the CAO; together supporting the Chief Academic Officer to ensure the strategic, effective, and efficient management of the Academic Offices.
- Defines strategic direction and leads assigned teams in developing recommendations for strategic long-term goals related to academic offices.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the implementation of systemic academic initiatives in collaboration with Executive Directors and other chiefs with a focus on program evaluation and return on investment (ROI).
- Provides guidance and direction to departments under the Chief Academic Officer with a focus on strategic areas of reform.
- Serves as the academic office lead in ensuring effective portfolio management decisions, charter renewal, and school closing decisions and implementation.
- Serves as the lead in the development of the district?s Master Plan. Project manages the cross-office completion of the Master Plan required by MSDE annually to ensure timely review and final submission of the Master Plan.
- Serves as the lead on the design and direction of academic strategies supporting school improvement efforts in high-need schools in partnership with other district offices as well as the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE).
- Serves as the academic office lead in the development of the district calendar as well as in the review of waivers associated with the approved calendar.
- Fosters and promotes teamwork in the design and development of educational strategies within the academic offices and across the organization.
- Develops strategic alliances and works collaboratively with educational agencies, community members and other stakeholders.
- Partners across academic and district offices to ensure funding is aligned to support academic initiatives.
- Confers with and advises on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods in alignment with the academic strategy
- Acts as designee for the Chief Academic Officer as assigned.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 126000.00
Minimum Salary 94500.00
- Master?s degree in education or a related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Three years supervisory/administrative/leadership experience in an urban education environment with demonstrated success.
- Five years of school-based experience in an urban educational environment with demonstrated effectiveness and roles of increasing responsibility
- Thorough knowledge of instructional continuums and knowledge of current theories of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Considerable knowledge of research-based school improvement designs and current issues facing urban public education.
- Considerable knowledge of governmental mandates impacting education.
- Ability to generate and build effective and successful relationships.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective team building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations.
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of technical computer applications.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link:
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; (phone); (fax).
This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.