Dir Strategy, Demand & Supply MGMT-Digital Demand - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Demand and Supply Management's (DSM) mission is to optimize demand & supply to serve consumers, and drive profitable growth and inventory. We accomplish this mission by playing a leading role in Nike's Triple Double strategy, focused on driving 2X Speed through a dynamic demand signal, flexible supply and inventory, and in season optimization. We will also be a critical enabler to help Nike digitally transform by enabling Digital Demand Sensing, our dynamic demand signal.
As the Strategic Planning Director for Demand and Supply Management, you will lead the way in ensuring that we mobilize against and fully realize our ambitious strategic goals by working with leaders across the enterprise to activate our transformational initiative, Digital Demand Sensing. You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with the digital demand sensing team to develop long-term strategies across the full value chain and to proactively identify new and emerging opportunities based on consumer and competitive trends
- Partner with finance and geography teams to align on ROI and critical components of the roadmap.
- Managing key business check-ins for steering committees, corporate reviews and executive leadership updates
- Partnering and collaborating cross-functionally with senior executives, strategic planners, and finance leadership to help advance NIKE's long-term strategic agenda
- Driving the strategic business planning process, authoring 1-3+ year strategic plans aligned to NIKE Inc.'s corporate strategy for digital demand sensing
- Independently leading special projects to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems for digital demand sensing
- Measuring and reporting progress against our strategic priorities and roadmaps
- Experience in strategy development and deployment, process and project management, and executive communication development
- Strong interest and experience in planning, manufacturing, and/or operations
- Experience working cross-functionally across the value chain in a global organization
- Successful track record in leading cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion, leading virtual teams from across the organization
- Proven ability to partner with executive-level professionals as a trusted advisor
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics to leaders at all levels
- Strong quantitative and qualitative background with experience quantifying value creation for complex, non-traditional solutions
- Strong, creative problem solver
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience (3 years' experience post MBA preferred). In lieu of a Bachelor's degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management consulting, finance or related field
- Previous management consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm is highly preferred
- Ability to relocate to the Portland, OR metro area
- Ability to pass a criminal background check