Dir, Marketing Strategy and Business Planning - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The NFL Marketing Strategy and Sciences (MS&S) team sits at the center of NFL's marketing organization driving the overall marketing strategy, planning, budget and measurement efforts to support the strategic priorities and business objectives of the league. This newly created organization leverages data, research and insights to look across market trends, audiences, platforms, and media in order to develop comprehensive marketing strategies, media budgets, and performance-marketing tools and dashboards to drive business results. These efforts drive fan acquisition, deepened engagement and loyalty, and improved brand perception in the short and long term. We are a passionate team working hard to build the optimal strategies to connect with our fans of today and tomorrow.
We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing Strategy & Business planning. This candidate will understand what inspires and motivates existing, emerging, and new fans, and harness those insights to build strategies that form deep connections with them, to best position the NFL for accelerated long-term growth. S/he will lead the business planning process for the department, and the effort to drive marketing effectiveness and efficiency via optimized team operations across people, process, and technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead department Business Planning. Drive fiscal year marketing strategies and goals, define KPIs, and resource requirements (human and financial) to deliver, in collaboration with key stakeholders within and outside of the marketing department.
- Leveraging data, research, and insights, develop a strategic plan that prioritizes league platforms, programs and initiatives that will best deliver department and league fan objectives.
- Lead long-range strategic planning to drive sustained and long-term fan and brand strength, prioritization of department's human and financial resources, and delivery of KPIs over time.
- Leverage league segmentation to identify core fan segments to focus on for acquisition and retention efforts. Develop holistic and robust strategies against core segments to drive fan base growth and engagement.
- Develop, present, integrate cross-functional input, gain approval and execute strategies to support marketing and league priority initiatives (for example, Player Health & Safety, Youth Football Participation, Legalized Sports Betting, etc.).
- Build win-win strategies/opportunities with existing league partners (e.g. sponsors, licensees) who can serve as strategic marketing partners in helping deliver both league and partner objectives.
- Lead Marketing Operations improvement efforts for the newly-restructured league marketing department. Assess existing organizational processes, communication, technology, work flows. etc. Identify opportunities for improvement to better deliver against department and league goals. Develop, socialize, align and implement operational optimization strategy and plan.
- Oversee implementation of Marketing Operations improvements, ensuring successful execution, and learning and optimizing over time.
- Facilitate regular cadence of department-wide communication, including agenda setting and presentation creation/facilitation.
- Marketing/Business degree with 10+ years of strategic, consumer-driven marketing experience. MBA a plus.
- Clear understanding of the sports business landscape and media marketplace
- Ability to translate consumer insights and market trends into business strategies
- Strong Marketing Operational Acumen, with experience in implementing new technology and processes to improve operational effectiveness
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills with a solution-oriented attitude
- Great leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written presentation/"storytelling" skills
- Strong preference for a candidate to have global marketing strategy experience and solid financial planning acumen