Dir, Innovation Strategy - Space - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As Director, Innovation Strategy - NXT Space you will play an essential role in helping Nike build upon its rich history of delivering innovative product for athletes around the world. You will work directly with the senior leadership of Innovation and Nike executives to develop and execute long-term growth strategies to drive innovation across Nike.
The role will specifically support NXT Space, our exploratory innovation group, working directly with a team of designers, developers, engineers and innovators to create the future of product for Nike. In addition to helping individual product innovations come to life, this role will play an integral part in guiding the broader portfolio of exploration work across NXT.
This is a unique role, blending "left-brain" and "right-brain" skills and interests, and marrying business and strategic rigor and operations discipline with an innovator's know-no-boundaries creativity. It requires a flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will work closely across various functional areas, including digital, manufacturing, engineering, materials, product creation, design, and development as you help create a balanced portfolio of innovation across multiple dimensions, ranging from near-term business plans to multi-year strategic plans.
- Develop a functional vision to further the enterprise strategy and better serve consumers; work with the NXT Space team on projects to develop business case, strategy, and storytelling
- For NXT Space, lead the corporate planning calendar and strategic planning process
- Become a thought partner to NXT Space leadership team around strategic priorities, help manage the team and portfolio of work
- Help internal stakeholders connect into the right partners in the business to ensure NXT Space's work is aligned and integrated with enterprise strategic priorities
- Work closely with the broader Innovation Strategy team and Innovation Finance team to align strategies and optimize for the entire portfolio