Deloitte Platforms, Deal Desk Strategy Lead - Atlanta, Georgia, United States, 30301
Introduction to Deloitte Platforms
In 2012 Deloitte Consulting LLP, launched an Innovation Lab, now called Deloitte Platforms, recognizing the growing importance of enterprise technology and the market opportunities across the industries we serve. Deloitte Platforms was created to turn our consulting expertise into world-class software in pursuit of the following goals:
1) Diversify consulting revenue streams with the addition of recurring, software license sales
2) Improve and accelerate consulting project delivery using advanced technology (e.g. RPM, AR / VR)
3) Provide clients with additional capabilities at the conclusion of consulting engagements via recurring software licenses and managed services
Deloitte Platforms works directly with Deloitte's world-class consultants and start-ups to identify novel & innovative technology solutions to some of our clients' largest problems. The group has an up-front strategy team that, after vetting and developing the business case for a new product investment, works with our commercialization experts, user experience/user interface designers, software developers, and product managers to bring new products to market. This robust software strategy has delivered tangible results in recent years and is expected to create a distinct competitive advantage in the years to come.
We are looking for people who share our passion for translating ideas into relevant and innovative products to solve business problems.
The in-house strategy consultancy of Deloitte Platforms (called the Pricing COE) is looking for a creative, analytical, tech-savvy and commercially-minded individual with Software/SaaS deal structuring experience to join our growing team. This person will work with senior Deloitte Partners and leadership to price, structure and close Product sales.
Work You'll Do:
You will collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to design and build new software offerings for sale. This includes packaging, pricing, and developing contracts for Software/SaaS subscriptions in global markets. You'll be making strategic decisions about how best to position and negotiate the license, as part of large and complex (often multi-year, multi-million dollar) deals to drive profits for the business.
- Design the pricing and deal strategy for individual client SaaS/Software licenses and provide guidance to business leaders on best practices
- Complete negotiations and propose alternative pricing/packaging arrangements for strategic/complex deals
- Develop strategy for pricing and discount structure to maximize value
- Own end to end contract cycle from initial contract draft from signing to execution, collecting input across all functions as needed (e.g. product management, sales, and firm leadership)
- Team with legal, risk, and business stakeholders to develop license templates
- Build best practices to streamline the deal process, educate stakeholders, build capabilities across multiple businesses
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years' relevant experience, to include strategic deal negotiations and contract development in managed services, SaaS, Software
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Experience in the overall software/SaaS sales cycle; services contracts is a plus
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations, virtual and cross-cultural teams
- Must have a solid grasp on SAAS business models, contract terms, value based pricing, contract negotiation, navigating internal processes, and superior communication skills
- Executes with urgency
- Positive, easy to work with, and comfortable working with a team of accomplished, experienced professionals.
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. .
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you o your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. - provided by Dice