Data Strategy and Governance - Data Operations Manager - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02298
Job Description Under the leadership of the Data Strategy & Governance Director, the DS&G Data Operations Manager partners with the Data Architecture and Data Governance groups to develop and advance the enterprise data strategy. Manage and lead a team responsible for the Enterprise Data Warehouse eco system and other enterprise data repositories to design & develop the data pipeline, guarantee data quality, and provide data support to the organization. Lead strategic data initiatives in support of business strategies and goals.
- Act as a thought leader in developing strategy for DS&G data operations, aligning with the enterprise data strategy and data governance framework to ensure consistency firm-wide.
- Manage and oversee a team of employees and contractors responsible for data analysis & development, data quality and data support. Make decisions regarding employment, training and development. Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports. Develop talent through mentoring and promoting continuous learning.
- On-board new data and ensures appropriate data design & storage within the Enterprise Data Repositories, including the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Optimize existing processes and develop new technical approaches to business problems to improve data availability and quality.
- Monitor data quality and track issues, providing measurement, evaluation, short-term issue resolution and long-term prevention, including the development and support of data quality checks.
- Promote and support Data Governance and Data Literacy in collaboration with the Data Governance Organization (DGO).
- Support all departments across the enterprise in data discovery and analysis.
- Prioritize and Manage Agile Kanban backlog in support of strategic project work requiring data expertise.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 or more years of data related experience within the financial service industry.
- Strong leadership skills that blend technical abilities with a capacity for excelling in understanding and addressing key business challenges identified by stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Ability to manage teams supporting multiple business priorities and business-aligned Agile software teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Must have a strong service orientation with enthusiasm for identifying and developing creative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience developing/supporting data warehouses, data marts, and similar.
- Understanding of data architecture principles and best practices.
- Strong data integration and ETL process design skills.
- Ability to adapt to and support change management.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."