Data Strategy Lead - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60606
Data Strategy Lead
Job ID: 2
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Revantage Corporate Services
Due to the continued growth of our organization, Revantage Corporate Services is seeking a driven Data Strategy Lead to join our Technology Organization.
Revantage Corporate Services (RCS) is a wholly owned company of Blackstone that provides best-in-class professional shared services globally to Blackstone's real estate portfolio companies in various sectors including multifamily (LivCor), commercial office (Equity Office), retail (ShopCore), industrial (Gateway), senior living (Longview) and hotel (BRE Hotels and Resorts). We are dedicated to our clients, helping them solve critical and complex real estate issues, with access to resources, data, and the world's most influential real estate leaders.
We are building a culture that inspires people to drive change, stand up to challenges, and embody the daring spirit to outperform yesterday's best. Our vision sees us personally exploring new ideas and capabilities, proactively seeking the needs of our partners and people to unlock new opportunities. We are partnering in possibilities to unlock our greatest potential, together.
Technology will unlock the potential of Revantage. Help us deliver best in class tools, services, and insights.
What We Are Looking For:
- Energetic leader who gets fired up every day about making a difference
- Curiosity, passion, and a strong desire to learn
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative mind-set
Technology comprises a team of data professionals focused on delivering solutions to improve decision-making, optimize internal business processes, increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, transform data into actionable insights. The Data Strategy Lead will be responsible for deepening the data management strategy and vision at Revantage, and play a crucial role in building, scaling, and delivering the data and analytics platform to the organization's data constituents.
As the Data Strategy Lead, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Work across data disciplines to develop and execute the strategic roadmap for the Data and Analytics program, and advise on the application of new technologies and trends to enable deeper portfolio and asset insights.
- Oversee the execution of the strategic roadmap to deliver centralized core business data across real estate market, customer (tenant), investment, and asset domains.
- Shape, refine, and execute on the enterprise operating model for Data & Analytics.
- Lead research, strategy creation and development of new data products and services to expand analytic offerings and insights across Blackstone and its portfolio companies
- Collaborate with Technology leadership to define the data and analytics strategy for the organization
- Develop the strategic platform roadmap to align with Business and Constituent objectives
- Evaluate and advise on current and emerging applications of technologies and trends to continually improve the data platform
- Inform overall data management strategy and decisions, including information management principles, policies and programs for stewardship, advocacy and custodianship of data and analytics
- Advise and coordinate with Data and Analytics PMO to ensure on track delivery of roadmap milestones
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of strategic, analytical, technical, and project management experience
- Deep experience in Agile methodology
- Ability to recruit and evaluate data management talent to expand the Data and Analytics program
- Ability to define meaningful metrics and success indicators to effectively track roadmap outcomes
- Deep knowledge of global industry and IT/data trends
- Broad experience within Financial Services, Private Equity, and/or Real Estate industries
- Broad experience in multiple competency areas of data and analytics delivery; examples are data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security, and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following: data structure, information systems/tools, related software and data management, enterprise content management, and record-keeping policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Possesses strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
- Skill at communicating solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of (business) stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly, including developing use cases and business requirements
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality
- Conceptual and analytical thinker - ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
- Proven data literacy - the ability to describe use cases and outcomes, data sources and management concepts across business and technology domains including data quality