Data Strategy & Governance, Senior Manager - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Senior Manager, Data Strategy & Governance works in partnership with the U.S. Commercial Information Management Director to develop and oversee a comprehensive Data program that ensures centralized data acquisition and integration across U.S. Commercial, Global, and R&D. This position is responsible for developing the end to end project plans for integrating new data sets into the data warehouse, including requirements for publishing and subscribing systems. This individual will collaborate across key functions within U.S. Commercial (Incentive Compensation, Commercial Strategy & Analytics, Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, etc.), Global BAI, R&D, and other key corporate functions such as IS, Compliance, Privacy, Legal, HR and Procurement (GSS). This team member will also be a key contact across data suppliers.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assists U.S. Commercial Information Management Director in evolving data purchasing strategy, policies, and adherence, to enable our mission of serving patients
- Manages data assets for U.S. Commercial Organization in concert with U.S. Commercial Information Management Manager
- In partnership with U.S. Commercial Operations & IS business owners, defines requirements for integration of data assets into Commercial core systems based on input from functional leads (Including Data Governance Lead, Data Warehouse Lead, CRM Lead, MDM Lead, etc.)
- Exhibits strong desire to learn about new data sources, leverage alternative data sources. And innovate
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the U.S. Commercial Data repository, an inventory of all data assets and relevant information concerning how to leverage and access the data
- Collaborates with commercial stakeholders on how existing data assets can be leveraged for analysis/insight generation and advises on differences in data collection methodologies
- Optimizes usage of data assets across U.S. Commercial by ensuring broad, timely communication of available data sources and ongoing change management
- Partners with other functions across the enterprise to support key deliverables and manages data suppliers to achieve these goals
- Ensures requests for new data assets are fulfilled efficiently to meet Commercial data needs and follows Privacy, Compliance, and Legal guidelines
- Acts with fiscal responsibility and assists U.S. Commercial Information Management Manager in managing Commercial budget
- Develops end to end project plan for the onboarding of newly purchased data assets
- Develops end to end project plan for the integration of existing data sets into Amgen's Commercial Data Warehouse based on prioritized data integration project plan (determined by Data Warehouse Functional Leads)
- Acts as Project Lead for core systems Data Governance forum
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of project management and/or analytics experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of project management and/or analytics experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of project management and/or analytics experience
- Associate's degree and 10 years of project management and/or analytics experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of project management and/or analytics experience
- Strong desire to fulfill Amgen's mission of serving patients
- 5+ years of project or data management related experience, ideally gained in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare organizations
- Deep knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret and analyze data, information systems, and its applications including but not limited to sales, customer, patient, plan/payer, claims, etc.
- Experience in working with key functional areas within U.S. Commercial (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, BAI, Incentive Compensation, CCOE, Value & Access, etc.)
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical data sources and how they are used, including but not limited to sales, customer, patient, plan/payer, claims, etc.
- Keen understanding of our patients, payers, HCPs, and our evolving healthcare landscape
- Solid business acumen and maturity
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority.
- Experience analyzing commercial data, analytics, and reports
- Ability to work successfully cross-functionally and lead large cross functional teams and budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.