DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN-Carondelet St. Marys Hospital, Tucson, AZ - Tucson, Arizona, United States, 85701
The Director of Supply Chain is accountable for all medical supply/services spend and resultant financial results with respect to budget/forecasting/targets. Accountable for human resource management outcomes and productivity. Accountable for building and maintaining relationships with peer department heads and administrative leadership teams. Represents Supply Chain in various committees and meetings. Directs product conversion efforts. Accountable for meeting Supply Chain measures of success related to spend/inventory/HR/customer satisfaction. Responsible for continuous improvement of material flow, utilization analysis and supply chain optimization. Charged to continually develop hospital identified savings prospects and exploit known opportunities. Other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all activities of the Supply Chain Departments.
- Responsible for managing spend in medical/nonmedical supplies and all purchased services in order to ensure facility EBITDA targets are achieved.
- Directs capital equipment program/develops capital budgets/builds CERs/tracks and reports status to administration
- Drives organization toward committed contract compliance thru direct engagement with physicians and other key stakeholders.
- Participates in national/regional contract development efforts and initiatives.
- Fosters an environment designed around customer service; Develops subordinate team members in customer-focused service delivery; Advances a collaborative culture between Supply Chain and Nursing/Ancillary departments.
- Develops leading practice policies and procedures in purchase, inventory control, receiving and storage, distribution, material processing, and returns.
- Oversees the hospital's vendor management program to ensure vendors are credentialed and approved to be on site.
- Delivers presentations to administration or regional leadership regarding efforts underway to increase efficiencies, improve inventory turns and value, contract compliance and hospital identified savings initiatives and achievements.
- Actively participates in the Value Analysis Team/Committees.
- Performs regular supply spend and utilization analysis; regularly reviews cost accounting accuracy and remedies inaccuracies; conducts end of period rate adjusted variance analysis of spend to explain positive and negative variances to budget by GL
- Achieves ongoing compliance with all regulatory and accreditation criteria.
- Services as key and essential member of the organization's executive team; may require frequent after hours engagement nights and weekends; 24/7 telephone accessibility is an expectation.
Bachelor's Degree or (8) years applicable experience in lieu of degree required
Master's Degree (MBA or MHA) preferred
Two (2) years' experience in Purchasing or graduate internship in supply chain required
Supply Chain leadership position in acute healthcare platform preferred
Certified Materials and Resources Professional (CMRP)- preferred
Managers and Directors
Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.