Coordinator, Supply Chain Logistics - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA®). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
This position is responsible for managing and scheduling the work orders for drug shipments. This person will be the point contact to schedule manufacturing, warehouse and quality for logistic timelines of drug shipment.
This position will provide cross-functional leadership in the scheduling of tasks around the manufacturing and logistics of individual orders placed for US commercial, European Union (EU) and Rest of World (ROW) orders. They will be responsible for the work order entry and transactions, serialization of product, planning between quality, warehouse and manufacturing and be the key contact for any questions around specific orders. They are also responsible for tracking and reviewing orders and GPS monitors/temperature loggers for any deviations and elevate when necessary. In addition, this person will support Master Data entry and maintenance in the ERP system.
- Manage all sales orders that come from outside of Supply Chain to convert to Work Orders to trigger manufacturing for pack out.
- Partner with Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Warehouse and 3 rd party courier around scheduling/timing of drug pack out and shipment.
- Handle appropriate QAD transactions and create SOPs around process, if required.
- Support EU/ROW orders and scheduling within departments.
- Support creation and maintenance of Master Data in the ERP system.
- Meet or exceed all Quality System requirements for pertinent area of management.
- Responsible for proactively communicating status, issues and actions to senior management.
- Weekend coverage, if an order requires.
- Reviews GPS tracking and temperature monitors for each shipment.
- Tracks each shipment throughout life cycle.
- Minimum High School degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- A minimum 1-2 years of experience in managing systems in manufacturing and/or supply chain preferred including:
- ERP transaction experience
- Serialization of product experience
- Strong experience with supply chain methodologies, project management systems and other planning tools required.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively across different functions within the organization and AveXis' 3 rd party courier company.
- Detailed experience and knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.