Content Strategy & Training Dev Mgr - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
As the North America (NA) Nike Direct Content Strategy & Training Development Manager, you will determine training content deliverables, participate in content creation and lead the development of all training materials for Nike Direct stores, inclusive of our digital content strategy. You will influence how we create training content to equip and inspire store leaders and athletes. By doing this you will help our store teams continuously grow the culture and build skill around service experience, operational and product knowledge necessary for success.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with strategic project teams and subject matter authorities to create feedback loops for programs and training initiatives
- Establish metrics for tracking success of newly or relaunched training products or initiatives
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop integrated plans for delivering programs and training to the field
- Lead end-to-end content development projects, processes, and strategies
- Partner with Operations Project Manager, Operations Delivery Manager, and other key players to create holistic development, implementation, and hind-sighting strategies
- Handle a calendar of all programs to be released to the field to establish strategic scaffolding of training and initiatives
- Establish workbook plans for collecting, synthesizing, and integrating research in content creation and program planning
- Conduct content audits and gap analyses
- Continually help shape, evolve, and improve processes and partnerships in NA across all functional groups
- Research, write, and produce content for multi-channel delivery
- Work with the Director of Athlete Training and Service Culture to develop strategic training plans and appropriate programs for training incentives and accountability
- Lead the Content Team, managing multiple priorities and providing guidance, development, and support to team
- D evelop/approve and maintain a strategy for ongoing and elevated training content for stores with partnership from Operations Leadership.
- Review and maintain high level of consistency among all training documents developed by training content team.
- Partner with program owners across Nike direct to ensure training content associated with their programs is updated and effective.
- Serve as both a resource and a liason to global training partners.
- Be Open & Curious: Thinks creatively when solving problems, offering fresh ideas and new ways of looking at challenges and opportunities.Applies learning from new experiences, diverse information and constructive feedback to elevate solutions and strategies.
- Show Enthusiasm for the Future: Envisions future possibilities by applying expertise and intuition to conceive winning game plans.
- Deliver Results: Be proactive, goal oriented and accountable.Stay organized while running multiple projects and demonstrate a clear understanding of retail.
- Communicate Effectively:Able to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas to a wide variety of audiences. Must be able to balance the need to understand against the need to be understood.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education, Business, Adult learning, Instructional Design or a related field
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to influence across various leadership levels
- 3-5 years of professional work experience creating training or content development programs
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Technical content writing experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote and Powerpoint
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, work autonomously, be results-oriented and work within a team
- Google Analytics experience
- Experience working with search engine optimization