Consulting Utility Forester - Walnut Creek , California, United States, 94598
Are you a recent graduate in Environmental Sciences or an experienced Forester?
Do you like working in the out of doors?
Please send me your resume to
My # is -1207
Modis is looking for Utility Foresters to provide Vegetation Management support services throughout various areas of Northern California .
You will receive a daily per diem, a rental car and a gas card and a stipend for 3 months if you are relocating from out of state.
The below physical demands and work environment are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Adequate physical ability and mobility to work in an outdoor field environment in remote locations;
- Walking, standing and operating a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time;
- Travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes;
- Exposure to noise, dust, smoke and all types of weather and temperature conditions;
- Operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, smart phone, compass, and beacon.
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
- Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into handheld computer
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Pro-actively promote safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Conduct grid reviews and inspections
- Interact with local public agencies (i.e. State, County, City, Fire Department, Coastal Commission, etc.)
- Provide reporting and updates for management
- Assist in overall system-wide VM operations and TSP support as needed
- Associate or Bachelor s degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related field OR minimum of 1 year of related arboricultural experience
- Proficient with electronic devices and systems, such as mobile devices, GIS programs, MS Excel/Word
- Familiarity with tree growth rates and habits
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Valid Driver s License and clean driving record
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
- provided by Dice