Consulting Senior Associate- Business Continuity Planning - Atlanta, Georgia, United States, 30309
As a member of RSM?s national business continuity planning consulting practice, the Senior Associate in Business Continuity Planning will be responsible for working with RSM clients to develop, update, and test business continuity plans (BCPs) and the related business continuity planning components. The Senior Associate will also assist with the deployment or assessment of enterprisewide business continuity planning programs as required to meet RSM client needs. This individual will work both independently and as part of a project team in order to serve RSM clients and help them achieve their business continuity planning objectives.
- Assists clients to develop and deploy business continuity planning policies and the related program charters.
- Works with client personnel to conduct disaster risk assessment studies to evaluate disaster-related risks and identify viable risk reduction strategies.
- Conducts business impact analysis (BIA) studies to assist clients to evaluate the potential impacts of a business disruption and determine business function and system recovery time objectives (RTOs) and technical recovery point objectives (RPOs).
- Analyzes deficiencies in client recovery capabilities and assists them to evaluate potential recovery strategy enhancements.
- Prepares BCP documentation including technical and operational recovery plans, crisis management plans, and other related materials.
- Designs, facilitates, and evaluates disaster recovery and business continuity planning exercises to validate the viability and effectiveness of client BCPs and other recovery planning provisions assembled by RSM and/or other parties. Prepares appropriate documentation related to such exercises.
- Works with clients to update and enhance their existing BCPs to bring existing materials current and enhance the organizations? ability to respond to, and recover from, disasters.
- Designs and conducts awareness and training events to educate client personnel on the importance of business continuity planning and the details of their respective organization?s BCPs.
- Assists clients to design and deploy sustainable business continuity planning programs that continuously maintain and enhance the organizations? resiliency and recovery capabilities.
- Utilizes RSM and industry standards to evaluate current disaster recovery and business continuity planning programs both as independent engagements and as part of larger initiatives.
- Provides input into the continuous evolution of RSM?s business continuity planning methodology and the related service offerings, standards, etc.
- Bachelor?s degree in management information systems, business administration, emergency management or a related major
- 3-6 years of dedicated business continuity planning experience, either as a consultant and/or as an internal recovery planner
- Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP), Associate Business Continuity Planner (ABCP), or comparable credentials, or ability to obtain such credentials in the near future
- Familiarity with established business continuity planning standards, such as those established by Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), FFIEC, etc.
- Experience with all phases of the business continuity planning process, including policy creation, business impact analysis (BIA), plan development, BCP testing, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
- Strong business analytics and project management skills
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or more, accommodating significant fluctuations in such requirements
- Experience documenting BCP assessment standards and using such criteria to evaluate existing BCPs and business continuity planning programs, including experience formulating informative recommendations for remediating identified deficiencies
- Familiarity with specialized business continuity planning software packages, preferably with past experience using at least one leading tool
- Experience working with multiple business continuity planning programs representing organizations from a variety of industries
- Knowledge of current information systems technologies and modern technical continuity solutions
- Experience performing audits of information technology application and/or general controls, beyond disaster recovery and business continuity planning, or experience performing audits of financial controls
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- provided by Dice