Consulting CFO - Non-Profit MAS Practice, Boston, MA or Westborough, M - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02118
AAFCPAs is an attractive alternative to the Big 4 and National CPA firms. We provide best-value assurance, tax, accounting, and business & IT advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, AAFCPA's sincere approach to business and service excellence has attracted discerning clients along with the best and brightest CPA and consulting professionals. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, Inc. This provides seamless national and global reach for our clients, as well as access to the resources of the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world. Our pay-as-you-use model is considered advantageous by our diverse clients who appreciate exceptional value.
As we continue to grow our organization to address the needs of our clients, we established a Managed Accounting Solutions practice (MAS). Managed Accounting Solutions provides right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO deliverables designed to optimize the modern finance function, and efficiently address your most critical financial processes in public, private-held, and nonprofit organizations. This allows you to shift time, money and other resources to focus on your core competencies, strategic business activities and vision, instead of focusing on administrative functions.
The Consulting CFO is responsible for leading profitable functional areas of the practice with our non-profit clients. Responsibilities include leading the team, building the business and ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service. Serve as the key "Trusted Advisor" for accounting and advisory to the clients within the practice. This position relies heavily on the financial reporting efforts of all the reporting staff positions, and is, at the same time responsible for the managing and mentoring of the team. This role also supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice.
- Leader within the firm and the MAS Group
- Primary direct relationship with assigned clients - interacts with each client quarterly at a minimum, monthly in most cases
- Private industry experience and public accounting experience
- Budgeting & forecasting, cash flow and other strategic planning with the client
- Partnering with clients by understanding their organization and mission and providing ongoing advice, insights and support
- Consults and works successfully with other partners and senior managers/directors to ensure seamless integrated services
- Manages assignment risks relative to client and firm requirements
- Seeks regular client assessment of assignment progress and overall feedback on performance/value add
- Challenges and enhances assignment profitability management based on experience and best practice
- Identifies and promotes the development of new delivery capabilities and/or channels to satisfy evolving market requirements
- Continually develops industry expertise and profiles the firm
- Accountable for the financial performance of an agreed part of or whole practice unit
- Leads and mentors key talented people
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA License, MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in private/public accounting with an emphasis on non-profit organizations
- At least 7 years managing staff
- Demonstrated history of success and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and retain a high-performance team
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Experience managing a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong business development and selling skills - generating leads, making contacts and securing clients
- Strong and innovative leadership and project management skills, including the ability to mentor talented people
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs' website: and click the link to Careers.
Competitive salary plus annual bonus potential. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, plus more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.