Consulting Business Analyst - Alexandria, Virginia, United States, 22320
Vintun LLC is a small disadvantaged business established under the Native Hawaiian Owned 8(a) program. As a professional services firm that provides consulting and advisory services to clients, Vintun works to improve operational efficiency and to accomplish organizational objectives as well as serves as a leading provider for information services and business management services to the Federal Government. We seek to create impactful solutions that yield lasting results. Vintun is headquartered in Alexandria, VA with client support offices in northern Virginia, California and Hawaii. Vintun offers a highly competitive benefits package that reflects our objective of employing top industry performers.
The Project Controller is responsible for providing project accounting support services to the Vintun Delivery organization. The Project Controller will report directly to the Director of Delivery Operations but will also have coordination responsibility with Director of Contracts and Director of Accounting. The Project Controller will provide project delivery leads with profitability analysis and invoice support.
Responsibilities and Expectations :
- Assist project leads in the development of initial project accounting templates
- Provide analysis of baseline profitability
- Support update of data in the project accounting templates to include actual performance and develop financial view of project at completion
- Participate in bi-weekly reviews of project performance
- Utilize Project Summary Reports and Project Accounting to review current profitability / margins
- Maintain margin estimates by Business Unit and by Company
- Develop and maintain reports to support analysis by Vintun leadership
- Perform trend analysis to determine segments and project increases or decreases in profitability
- Review project invoices for compliance with contracts; make recommendations for submission of invoices to client
- Provide suggestions for improvement of labor reporting, invoices payment reporting, etc. in support of improving project accounting and invoice development
- Integrate with and fully support Vintun leadership to gain ISO certifications
- Collaboration and teamwork across multiple businesses within Vintun
- Demonstrate integrity, ethics, sincerity, a winning attitude, high personal standards and respect for others
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Attention to detail and able to grasp concepts of project accounting for services
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting, MBA
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
Please note: Vintun LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Vintun LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.