Consulting Actuary - Shawnee Mission , Kansas, United States, 66214
This position is responsible for performing a variety of actuarial functions and working with actuarial support staff in addition to having direct client interaction. This position reports to an owner of the firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Projects include: valuation, financial reporting (statutory and GAAP), asset adequacy analysis, product development and pricing, and experience analysis for life and annuity business.
· Working with actuarial support staff: teaching actuarial practices, coordinating projects, ensuring proper documentation, and encouraging a team environment.
· Direct client interaction includes: establishing and maintaining good rapport with clients while providing them the highest quality of work.
Required Experience and Competencies
· 7-10 years actuarial work experience required (life and/or annuities, consulting experience a plus).
· Strong computer aptitude and PC skills (Excel, actuarial software, AXIS experience a plus).
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and with others (team attitude required).
· Setting high standards of performance and assuming responsibility for successful completion of projects.
· Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, or related area.
· FSA or near FSA, MAAA preferred.