Consultant, Strategic Growth - Houston, Texas, United States, 77001
REPORTING TO: Managing Director of Strategic Growth
The Strategy Team is a newly created team within KIPP Texas Public Schools that will be focused on identifying and managing the execution of major strategic priorities across the organization. The Strategy Team will lead several permanent functions, including multi-year and annual strategic planning, local and statewide expansion, and analytics.
Over the next several years, KIPP Texas will open new schools to fulfill its goal of serving 100,000 students statewide. KIPP Texas' Strategic Growth team supports regional and statewide growth (expansion) planning, as well as cross-departmental and cross-campus collaboration through successful work plan development, project management and implementation. The Strategic Growth team will focus on three important areas: 1) building statewide school model for expansion, 2) building bottoms up regional growth plans; and 3) supporting school leaders annually as they launch school openings by serving as a coordinator across KIPP TX departments. The key responsibilities for this role is to assist with the development and implementation of multi-year growth plans and strategic growth plan initiatives.
The Strategic Growth Consultant reports to the KIPP Texas' Managing Director of Strategic Growth and works closely with the Manager of Strategic Growth, as well as other members of the Strategy Team and other network leaders in order to provide analytical, strategy development, and project management support to a growing organization.
The first key priority for the Strategic Growth Team will focus on developing growth model recommendations by coordinating across various functional stakeholders . Other early strategic projects (Years 1 and 2) include collaborating with existing local networks to understand current systems and best practices, and defining school model components that align with the strategic growth plans for statewide expansion.
This position may be based out of the Houston office (preferred) or Austin office.
- Develop work-plans and execute against these plans with independence and ownership.
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders to project manage initiatives, work streams and strategies for the benefit of network expansion.
- Partner with teams across KIPP Texas to surface high-impact strategies and analyses for challenges they present.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues and synthesize insights.
- Identify growth opportunities, form hypotheses, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations.
- Identify key data sources, and gather data through secondary research as needed.
- Effectively deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations or focus group sessions as required.
- Prioritize work on different team projects happening simultaneously.
- Possess an understanding of operational and instructional conditions and remain at the forefront of industry standards, emerging practices, and new technologies that support strong strategy development and expansion.
- Support the development of expansion related metrics, balanced scorecards, dashboards and other documents that facilitate quantitative analysis and drive institutional growth.
- Resolve and/or escalate project-related concerns in a timely fashion and provide constructive solutions professionally.
- Codify Strategic Growth Standard Operating Procedures for expansion
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in a project management, strategy or consulting-type role.
- Demonstrated ability to have impact and influence across multiple functional areas (e.g., academics, talent, finance, operations, etc.)
- Self-directed and results-oriented, demonstrating initiative and follow-through.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and service-orientation.
- Experience with charter or charter-like schools, non-profit strategy, non-profit consulting, and/or with students in low-income urban environments is preferred, not required.
- Ability to model KIPP's values at all times.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.