Communications & Change Management Specialist - Westbrook , Maine, United States, 04092
Communications & Change Management Specialist
Join a caring, pro-change, autonomous, and hardworking team who is passionate about technology as it relates to Marketing, Adoption and People Solutions. This position will focus on how technology changes and communications affect people. The two primary duties of this role are 1) developing overarching change management plans that inspire and build community buy-in and successful adoption of new technologies; 2) communicating a variety of internal messages to our 300+ person
global IT department through the most appropriate channels (visual, spoken, and written).
You will work collaboratively with IT-s Senior Leaders, HR and internal communication partners, and the IT Training team to ensure positive outcomes when processes, projects, systems, technologies, or organizational structures change. This includes creating and maintaining an overview of the change portfolio and a calendar that shows the needs that are coming so that we prevent employees being inundated with too much change at any one time. Your work fits into the greater employee engagement initiatives of IDEXX.
You will write, design, post, and manage the timelines of simple to complex information with a highly conscientious focus on your target audience-s needs. You will help develop and edit executive presentations and draft communications for a diverse, multi-level, cross cultural audience. You will be the voice of IT-s end-users.
What can you expect?
- Contribute to large scale change management and communications initiatives associated with transformation and technology initiatives; develop the communication strategy and lead implementation of communications tactics
- Proactively engage with members of senior leadership and their teams in representing the unique challenges and needs from a communications and change management perspective
- Develop significant communication campaigns that are strategic and complex in support of transformational initiatives, key employee programs, large-scale organizational announcements, etc.
- Provide executive-facing strategic communications
- Develop and implement innovative communication plans to meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
- Develop messaging that is clear, compelling and consistent to drive awareness, excitement and advocacy with various audiences. Leverage multiple channels to deliver communications (i.e. presentations, articles, talking points, videos, infographics, podcasts, multi-media methods, etc.)
- Promote the use of communications and change management frameworks and processes to ensure best engagement and delivery methods are employed to maximize efficiencies and value across the enterprise
- Continuously improve and find opportunities to measure communication effectiveness
- Work closely with all stakeholders to enhance the employee experience and ensure consistency of messaging and content aligned with enterprise goals, objectives, and internal brand; ensure leaders are equipped with the necessary tools to deliver communications
- Drive disciplined communication planning with an enterprise, strategic orientation; ensure a keen eye towards 'connecting the dots' and being thoughtful about saturation and information overload of various enterprise-wide change initiatives
- Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through content, coaching, and feedback
- Benchmark capabilities, processes and tools both internally and externally. Build and execute plans to continually mature and expand skills and capabilities in the areas of change management and communications
- Develop robust external professional network to ensure access to state-of-the-art approaches and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience providing Change Management and/or Communications support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a strong communication strategist who has a knowledge and understanding of change management concepts
- Must be able to develop, execute and maintain change management and communication programs
- Must be able to write for various mediums including emails, presentations, digital signage, SharePoint and newsletter content, and frequently asked questions
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects, have an eye for detail with excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- provided by Dice