Commercial Strategy and Analytics (CS&A) Bone Health Engagement Direct - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Commercial Strategy and Analytics (CS&A) Bone Health Engagement Lead leads a team of 3-5 cross-functional analytics professionals to drive business performance and inform strategy for Amgen's bone franchise, including Prolia and EVENITY. As the leader of CS&A engagement team, the Engagement Lead is a trusted, indispensable advisor to the Bone Executive Director. He or she is a relentless champion of insights-driven strategy, objective, evidence-based decision making, and effective and efficient commercial activity. The Engagement Lead will also sit on the leadership team for Bone & Cardiovascular Business Unit (BCBU) CS&A and be responsible for driving innovation and building business analytics and intelligence capabilities that give Amgen a competitive advantage.
The Engagement Lead reports to the CS&A Business Unit Lead for BCBU. Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversee all US CS&A activities supporting Prolia and EVENITY, including forecasting, primary market research, competitive intelligence and marketing analytics (national and sub-national)
- Develop productive relationships with the Repatha commercial leadership to define CS&A objectives, budgets, and work plans.
- Lead a cross functional team of BAI staff (primary research, competitive intelligence, forecasting and analytics) to produce proactive, actionable customer and market insights
- Participate and advise in the forecasting process and regular business reviews for the cardiovascular franchise and be able to clearly articulate insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- Be a strong "devil's advocate", even with senior commercial staff
- Foster a culture of high performance, teamwork, and innovation
- Drive strategic and innovative approaches to key business questions
- Manage relationships with external vendors and consultants to enable effective and efficient project execution
- Develop productive relationships with cross-functional partners, such as Global BAI, Sales Ops, Global Strategic Sourcing, and Compliance
- Limited Travel Required
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of analytics, consulting and/or marketing experience
- Master's degree and 7 years of analytics, consulting and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of analytics, consulting and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, statistics, social, behavioral sciences, or related field
- 10+ years of experience, including market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and needs into actionable research plans and synthesize multiple data sources to answer business questions.
- Understanding of primary market research methods
- High capacity and the ability to manage many disparate projects and effectively coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Prior technical forecasting experience or experience managing a forecast
- Prior technical experience creating or managing KPI and performance metrics
- Innovation: Demonstrated ability to identify and implement new methodologies and data sources to enhance Amgen analytics capabilities
- Strong Business Acumen: understands both the markets, brands and broader context (internal and external) of the business. Can translate market research insights and findings into realistic, actionable recommendations.
- Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence ED/VP level staff
- Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams, deliver results, and shape the future
- Strong communication skills: capable of presenting complicated and controversial findings to commercial leadership
- Therapeutic area experience
- Experience leading and coaching teams
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Executive level oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.