Commercial Strategy & Analytics Senior Manager, Payer Insights - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Commercial Strategy & Analytics Senior Manager, Payer Insights will be responsible for managing multiple projects and engagements, working directly with senior leadership to define scope, develop analytical strategies and ensure optimal business processes while creating deliverables that provide business insights. This individual will also be responsible for managing relationships with key cross functional stakeholders and vendors. He or she will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring team members and managing their performance & other personnel actions.
- Drive insights from primary market research and secondary sources to various internal stakeholders, including: Brand Marketing, Access, Payer Marketing and Pricing / Contracting teams.
- Devote attention beyond traditional managed care organizations to include integrated delivery networks and hospital formulary decision-makers.
- Execute analytics plan to support payer insights from various payer datasets based on detailed understanding of related datasets, including patient level claims data, payer claims data, formulary coverage and other performance expectations.
- Work with data management team to enable and maintain data integration to facilitate specific analytics needs.
- Ability to use languages like SQL to manipulate and extract data, tools like SAS to analyze and drive insights and tools like tableau to visualize and present data to organization leaders.
- Build excel based tools for field to drive insights-driven decision making. Support business reviews with analytics.
- Provide monthly, quarterly payer analytics reporting linked to key business metrics. Participate in various aspects of key cross-functional assignments.
- Lead the design & execution of qualitative and quantitative analyses to answer business issues in the payer landscape, including generating insights and developing strategies for the US Value and Access team; Liaise with executive directors to define key projects - their scope and the appropriate approach
- Provide leadership and innovation and lead initiatives to inform Amgen strategy on broad healthcare related policies and trends; Advise internal groups on business processes and insights
- Manage and provide guidance to subordinates, including setting performance standards, managing their staffing and monitoring performance; Conduct team status meetings to coordinate sub-projects and tasks across team members; Manage both internal and external communication
- Manage project budget and vendors responsible for primary and secondary research; Conduct regular check-ins and direct project execution
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of analytics experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics experience
- 3+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, health care, and/or strategy consulting with specific experience and expertise in coverage, access and reimbursement drivers impacting the biopharmaceutical industry
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits strong understanding of business strategies
- Experience in Data analysis, Sales & Marketing Analytics
- Experience with quantitative methodologies to assist in the execution of analytical studies aimed at addressing business issues.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting using tools like Tableau / Spotfire
- Experience with patient, prescriber and plan level data to identify factors affecting product performance
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.