Commercial Strategy & Analytics, Strategic Planning & Operations Sr Mg - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Sr. Manager of Strategic Planning and Operations candidate will strategize, advise and drive operational excellence by streamlining activities within the Commercial Strategy and Analytics (CS&A) organization based on the priorities of the Executive Director. This individual will contribute to the long-term success of the CS&A group, representing CS&A to external business partners and other functions across Amgen. He or she will be a member of the CS&A Senior Leadership Team and assist with broader Commercial Center of Excellence (CCOE) initiatives.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and information for the Executive Director to facilitate efficient decision making
- Ensure strategic, financial, and operational activities and issues are managed expeditiously, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved
- Act as an advisor to the Executive Director and the CS&A Senior Leadership team in formulating the short and long-term strategy for the group.
- Assess inquiries directed to the Executive Director, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual/s to manage
- Provide oversight and guidance to projects of high importance
- Stay abreast of cross functional developments and initiatives to ensure coordination and cohesion to manage interdependencies
- Advise on the development of the department vision, short and long-term goals and strategic plan, roadmap, roles and responsibilities, and lead and coordinate all operational activities across Business Unit CS&A Engagement Leads (inflammation, neurology, oncology, bone and cardiovascular, and value and access) for seamless implementation
- Lead the execution of strategic initiatives and measure and track progress against plan
- Develop CS&A talent management & engagement plan and coordinate CS&A staffing and hiring with HR and proactively manage potential staffing issues
- Conceptualize and execute quarterly all-staff meetings and agendas
- Collaborate with the Strategic Planner and the Senior Leadership team at the Commercial Center of Excellence (CCOE) level, plus Finance, Legal, HR & Staffing and other strategic business partners to ensure reconciliation and coordination across strategic planning, operational activities and budgets across the CCOE.
- Annual budget owner for CS&A, responsible for tracking progress, forecast submissions, and decision making on deviations to limit impact to the business
Doctorate degree and 2 years of marketing, consulting and/or project management experience
Master's degree and 4 years of marketing, consulting and/or project management experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of marketing, consulting and/or project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, marketing or related field
- 10+ years of marketing, consulting and/or project management experience
- 5 or more years working closely with sales, marketing, compliance, healthcare company or related industry experience
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Consultative, influencing, advisory skills and gravitas
- Strong business acumen and contemporary marketing knowledge
- Understanding of the healthcare value chain and players, the healthcare data explosion, technology based-disruption and the future of drug commercialization, sales and marketing
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross functional teams with diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce business results in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written, analytical and oral communication skills
- Documented track record of success
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a business problem and develop appropriate strategy
- Previous supervisory management experience
- Advanced skills and familiarity with Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience defining budget goals and objectives with key internal clients, establishing, communicating and managing teams to timelines and financial targets
- Experience working with corporate finance, regulatory, legal, compliance, vendor management as client or functional unit lead
- Demonstrated self-starter, ability to work under limited supervision and coordinate multiple projects in a detail-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Experience critically evaluating process and establishing creative solutions
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information
- Ability to work independently and make decision without close supervision
- Strong project management skills, lead and manage projects from concept to completion in a matrix and at times ambiguous environment with demonstrated success
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.