Commercial Strategy & Analytics, Senior Manager - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Commercial Strategy & Analysis (CS&A) Senior Manager will lead HCP primary market research activities along with social media/search analytics for Bone and Cardiovascular (BCBU) activities. This position reports to the Director for HCP Insights, US-CS&A.
- Develop and nurture productive relationships with the BCBU cross-functional marketing success team in order to appropriately define the business problems/business questions. Turn unstructured business issues/requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and actionable deliverables.
- Develop strong relationships with Marketing/Brand partners to define CS&A measurement of key business objectives (BOs), budgets and work plans.
- Prioritize research resources to impact critical business issues and decisions.
- Conduct key strategic and highly complex market research programs, and translate the findings into strategic and tactical recommendations that help drive BCBU brand success.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the full spectrum of survey research execution including methodology selection, instrument development, sampling and statistical analyses (e.g. segmentation, discrete choice, etc.).
- Deliver highly compelling insights and champion the voice of the customer
- Drive continuous innovation in market research methodologies and frameworks with a special focus on social media & search engine optimization (SEO)
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with best-in-class insights vendors
- Synthesize and integrate various data, research and analyses to generate actionable insights. Ensure that analyses and summaries of results are shared with brand/business partners in the form of compelling stories that deepen customer understanding.
- Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Limited Travel Required
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of analytics experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics experience
- Demonstrated exceptional strategic / critical thinking abilities and business acumen
- Good understanding of biopharmaceutical marketing and direct to HCP/strategies/tactics
- Strong understanding that physicians are, at their core, people first
- Demonstrated ability to dig deep and the uncover the "why" beneath observed HCP behaviors (go beyond the rational)
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply social media insights/search analytics to primary research
- Cardiovascular and/or Bone Health therapeutic area/disease knowledge and experience
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.