Commercial Strategy & Analytics, Business Performance Senior Manager - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Business Performance Senior Manager is responsible for delivering analytics and insights to support the upcoming launch of inflammation biosimilar infliximab. This includes executing launch preparations for reporting/tracking, supporting quarterly business reviews, brand planning analytics, and execution of primary market research and ad-hoc analysis.
The individual in this role will synthesize data from multiple sources into an integrated picture to understand brand performance. He or she is a champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making. Using a variety of methodologies, the successful candidate will combine qualitative and quantitative insights into a story for brand.
This position reports to the Director of the Business Performance Pod within US Commercial Strategy and Analytics (CS&A).
- Develop secondary data analytics to support launch preparedness and key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews by providing objective, data-driven insights
- Provide senior leadership with an objective and rigorous perspective on secondary data analytics and performance management
- Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, the broader CS&A team, and other stakeholders to develop and communicate assumptions based on secondary data analysis and stakeholder input
- Develop and deliver analysis using complex data sources including account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records data, etc. to generate a holistic, objective, and detailed understanding of brand business and to provide actionable insights
- Interpret, summarize, and communicate analyses to drive brand understanding and recommendations for quarterly business reviews, brand performance tracking tools, and ad-hoc requests
- Plan, design and conduct key strategic primary market research programs and translate the findings into strategic and tactical recommendations that help drive biosimilar success
- Manage relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
- Enhance the capabilities of the Business Performance team by researching and implementing new analytical tools, methodologies, internal and external best practices, new data sources, etc.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Strong knowledge of analytic methodologies, as well as marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
- Primary market research experience, including both qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skills-understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry datasets and databases
- Strong understanding of the latest developments, unmet medical needs and opportunities in oncology
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.