Commercial Strategy & Analytics, Business Performance Senior Manager, - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The Business Performance Senior Manager is responsible for delivering analytics and insights to support quarterly forecasts, quarterly business reviews, long-range scenario, brand planning, and ad-hoc analysis for Aimovig.
The individual in this role will synthesize data from multiple sources into an integrated picture to understand brand performance. He or she is a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making.
This position reports to the Director of the Business Performance Pod within Commercial Strategy and Analytics (CS&A).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the preparation and presentation of quarterly forecasts and long-range scenarios to the US commercial organization
- Develop and maintain forecast models, documenting forecast assumptions and methodologies
- Support key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews by providing objective, data-driven insights
- Provide senior leadership with an objective and rigorous perspective on demand forecasting and performance management
- Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, the broader CS&A team, external partners and other stakeholders to develop and communicate forecast assumptions based on secondary data analysis and stakeholder input
- Develop and deliver analysis using complex data sources including account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records data, etc. to generate a holistic, objective, and detailed understanding of brand business and to provide actionable insights
- Interpret, summarize, and communicate analyses to drive brand understanding and recommendations
- Influence commercial leadership to incorporate key customer and marketplace understandings from secondary analytics into brand strategy
- Manage relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
- Enhance the capabilities of the Business Performance team by researching and implementing new analytical tools, forecasting methodologies, internal and external best practices, new data sources, etc.
- Collaborate with global forecasting counterparts to provide US input and to build forecasting capabilities across regional and global teams
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of forecasting, analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of analytics, sales &/or marketing operations experience
- Strong knowledge of forecasting methodology as well as marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
- Experience with quantitative techniques including exponential smoothing and regression
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skills-understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry datasets and databases
- Strong understanding of the latest developments, unmet medical needs and opportunities in migraine and/or neuroscience
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.