Commercial Strategy & Analysis (CS&A) Senior Manager, Enbrel Deliverin - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Excelling in a competitive market requires that we consistently incorporate the customer perspective in developing and deploying solutions that delight our customers and create advocates for our brands. Amgen is transforming how we achieve this, with the Enbrel Delivering Customer Delight (DCD) team at the forefront of this effort.
As a Senior Marketing Manager and analytic subject matter expert within CS&A, you will be responsible for working closely with a cross-functional "scrum" team in a co-located environment, and with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Your focus will be to uncover and prioritize the needs of Enbrel customers as critical inputs to brand plans, and develop Minimally Loveable Products that delight. These meaningful solutions will be consistently improved upon with customer feedback. As a DCD team member, you will be working directly with customers to discover and fully understand needs, prioritize and co-create solutions. DCD team members will pilot and employ best practices to incorporate the customer voice. They will co-create solutions; establish metrics to determine the value of solutions deployed; and champion a new way of working in which speed to market and iterative solutions are central to the brand's success.
- Identify and execute innovative practices and approaches to obtain and incorporate customer needs into strategy and solutions
- Engage directly with consumers via primary market research management to understand their most critical needs
- Synthesize and integrate various data, research and analyses into actionable insights while ensuring that analyses and summaries of results are shared from the patient perspective
- Experience with hands-on secondary data analytics such as advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
- Employ the full spectrum of primary market research execution including methodology selection, instrument development, sampling and statistical analyses (e.g. segmentation, discrete choice, etc.)
- Dig deep and the uncover the "why" beneath observed unstructured customer sentiments
- Ensure that projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a team environment - sometimes working on tasks outside one's core area of expertise in order to support the team's most immediate focus
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of market research, analytics, or other directly related experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of market research, analytics, or other directly related experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of market research, analytics, or other directly related experience
- A strong team mentality
- High competence in their own core areas, but also knowledge cross-functionally
- Ability to partner well across organizational matrix
- Strong bias for action; ability to make decisions or recommendations, despite a large degree of ambiguity
- Good understanding of all consumers: payers, patients, and HCPs
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- A desire to coach peers using their expertise and develop capabilities in others
- An excitement to actively design solutions and iterate with customers
- Proficient facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong business acumen and learning agility; willingness to learn
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.