Co-Op, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02101
Co-Op, Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
The Vertex Summer Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are fearless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
This Co-Op runs from July 2019 until December 2019.
The Vertex Strategic Sourcing department is seeking a Co-Op student to join the team. The Strategic Sourcing department strives to deliver value, improve financial performance and drive returns for the business in the strategic sourcing of goods and services through proactive analysis and understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), strategic engagement with our internal business partners and external suppliers and by educating the organization in Procurement and Sourcing best practices.
The individual will assist with the day-to-day management of services including administrative support, process mapping, building spend/key metric reports and managing other projects as needed. Since the team is small you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of tasks.
* Create and analyze Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) spend and key metric reports.
* Develop process mapping for key P2P processes.
* Strategic Sourcing project support.
* Provide administrative support to RFX (Request for Proposal/Quote) processes.
* Support key team projects.
* Contracting database enhancement and processes.
* Rate card analysis, matrices, marketplace research, and category analysis.
* Support for Vendor Performance Management processes.
* Meeting participation, Vendor and Internal business customer communication management and follow-up.
* Must be enrolled in a College/University and have at least finished two years of a Bachelor's Degree.
* Candidate must be enrolled in an advanced degree program if graduating in spring 2019.
* Scientific backgrounds with an interest in business.
* Proficient within Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrates technical competence to grasp new concepts and applications quickly.
* Driven and motivated individual who is eager to learn.
* Strong analytical skills, interest in market research and sourcing analysis.
* 3.2 GPA Preferred