Change Management Consultant - Wayzata , Minnesota, United States, 55391
Change Management Consultant
This position is viewed as a change leader playing a key role to help ensure projects objectives are met on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. The person filling this role will focus on the people side of change including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. You will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
We are looking for someone who is not only great at their craft but who is a strong, vocal leader that can tackle project complexities and challenges. This individual is personable and creates a positive team culture with a can-do attitude, even when challenged. Someone who laughs easily but possesses authority and gravitas to make us - and our clients - sit up straighter. If this sounds like you, we want you as a member of our team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
· Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
o Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
· Support communication efforts
o Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
· Assess the change impact
o Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
· Support training efforts
o Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Change management certification or designation preferred
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- A solid understanding of how people experience change and the change process
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others