Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services Senior Associate - San Jose , California, United States, 95111
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Passed CPA Exam. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US senior associate in that PwC affiliate firm.
Participate as an individual contributor and a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners and other professionals (e.g., bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting and financial reporting matters related to deals and other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above. This includes demonstrating thorough knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas: Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies and private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets topics, including:
* IPOs, debt offerings, private placements, carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
* Acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
* Restructurings, restatements, bankruptcies; and,
* GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, accounting complexity.
Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
* Staying current and applying applicable technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards/issues;
* Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client; and,
* Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others--taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
* Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics; and,
* Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving, including: Interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients.
* Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
* Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team; and,
* Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics.
* Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
* Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
* Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments; and,
* Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly.
* Building relationships to create exceptional client and people experience;
* Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
* Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs; and,
* Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be comfortable challenging an established point of view.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.