CIB Strategy - Platform Services Strategy - Business Technology Strate - New York , New York, United States, 10261
The Platform Services Strategy is a newly created team reporting into CIB Strategy and the Digital Platform Services organisation. We are building a multi-disciplinary team comprised of Business, Strategy and Technology SMEs. PSS's mission is to identify and accelerate initiatives that increase the rate of technology optimization, with the purpose of delivering greater value to the franchise. PSS is also focused on partnering with the Digital, Data, FO, Technology and Operations functions to deliver next-generation technologies that will deliver products and services to our clients via the financial platform of the future.
The successful candidates will report to the PSS Strategy team lead, and partner with PSS Technology SMEs, to devise acceleration plans for DPS's platform priorities, in a cross-business, cross-functional 'project' based environment. The role will have significant exposure & visibility to senior management.
This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem solving and strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be a highly commercial individual, with deep knowledge of operations, appreciation for technology and first-hand experience in driving execution of critical projects.
- Simultaneously work on multiple initiatives across CIB DPS priorities
- Build effective relationship with key Digital and Business strategy leads; whilst being able to effective challenge them to move DPS initiatives forward
- Gathering, analyzing and synthesizing feedback from LOB interaction to help drive PSS initiatives
- Investigation of legacy systems with the view to making initial recommendations on how best to reduce CIB's technical debt.
- Identify and express views on how external vendors could accelerate specific priorities
- Accelerate decision making by not allowing individual matters hold PSS initiatives back
- Partnering closely with the PSS Technology SMEs
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Ability to break down analyses and issues into their individual components
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Advanced ability to quickly derive patterns and insights from data and analysis
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context of what they are working on and remain centered on answering the 'bigger' question
- Superior attention to detail with eye for spotting errors and redundancies
- Advanced financial numeracy & Excel skills
- Deep product and commercial appreciation for major parts of the CIB.
- Deep familiarity with operational processes, and/or technology
- Candidate will have experience in challenging Technology teams to deliver their book of work
- Able to hold detailed conversations with technology team members about legacy, existing and new technologies that are being leverage across the CIB
- Able to gain and provide meaningful insight to PSS team members on the specific focus areas
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on key enquires for PSS team lead
- Confident speaker with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to colleagues and senior executives
- Actively contributes to team meetings / conference calls with colleagues & with stakeholders from other functions
- PowerPoint skills - able to create individual slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review
- Able to work comfortably & confidently under pressure and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and manage personal time & stakeholder expectations to deliver against each
- Safe pair of hands - keeps track of deliverables and proactively follow-ups and provides updates. Does not need to be reminded or chased
- Is able to build relationships with and influence colleagues and LOB functions to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders. Not possessive about roles and responsibilities - flexible to sharing or merging roles/responsibilities with others to meet overall project or Firm objectives
- Considerate of others, is able to take on additional work and support others during high pressure situations
- Post Graduate/ MBA (or Bachelor degree with at least 7 years of relevant experience)
- Extensive knowledge of wholesale financial services
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.