CIB - Clearinghouse Risk & Strategy Team - Associate - New York , New York, United States, 10261
As a result of the G20's commitment to central clearing,CCPs are now one of the most systemically important of institutions andensuring their safety is, thus, critical to regulators, market participants andCCPs themselves. In this context, the CRT partners closely with other major OTCderivative dealers and clearing members through trade associations/ industryconsortiums to raise and seek to address systemic concerns regarding theadequacy and consistency of the level of risk management across the CCPs and todevelop/ improve CCP structures and to strengthen existing/developing globalCCP frameworks. The CRT is also a major participant in /contributor to ongoingexternal regulatory discussions with reference to CCP related rule making,related business impact, implementation timelines and JPM preparedness. The CRTis extensively relied upon firm-wide for its subject matter expertise,especially in light of the above.
The ideal candidate would be responsible forleading efforts described above on behalf of JP Morgan. As such, the idealcandidate must possess a strong risk and control mindset, be very detailedoriented, have excellent analytical and written/ verbal communication skills aswell as be able to work under pressure and able to deliver on multiple tight,time sensitive timelines.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of clearinghouse risks and serve asa subject matter expert in order to (1) respond to queries and provide input toother internal groups and (2) participate in external discussions with senior clearinghouseofficials
- Maintaining relationships with a set of existing clearinghouses from arisk perspective and developing an in-depth understanding of the risks. Provideinputs and support CCP related New Business Initiatives and related approvals .
- Tracking risk related developments at CCPs, following up to understand impact and initiating discussions to seek changes to address risk concerns.
- Participating in CCP sponsored industry workinggroups and communicating results to relevant teams internally.
- Contributing to team-wide efforts such as updating internal documents, coordinating and leading internal meetings, maintaining portfolio-wide benchmarking and infrastructure tasks such as maintenance of key documents in repositories.
- Assisting in CCP related presentations including time sensitive requests.
- Coordinating internally to facilitate completion of CCP related ad-hoc projects.
- Generating and distributing daily clearinghouse/ exchange industry news.
- Undergraduate in finance (or related field) - strong academic performance with coursework in economics, statistics, and finance; basic knowledge of exchange-traded products and derivatives preferred.
- Relevant workexperience - min. 2 years for analyst.
- Exceptional analytical skills (naturally inquisitive/intellectually curious).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Strong project management/ partnering skills - candidate should be able to independently manage multiple tasks and priorities/ deadlines, with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated interest in/ knowledge of global financial markets and current regulatory/legislative agendas.
- Good understanding of market and credit risk measurement concepts.
- Conceptual understanding of risk frameworks of clearinghouses.
- Product knowledge of exchange-traded/OTC derivatives, securities and commodities.
- Good influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Strong PowerPoint/ Excel /Office skills.